Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2024, 10:00 AM   #1
FloridaFlockers
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20649
Furnace Motor Replacement

Our rig is a 2017 3820FK. Turned our gas furnace (AFM35) on the other day and had a really loud squealing noise coming from the furnace. Pretty certain the blower motor has given up the ghost. I watched several You Tubes and this looks involved but something I could do myself if we were home. A mobile RV guy just happened to be a few sites down this AM so I asked him about fixing it. He said he would have to pull the entire furnace out of our rig to swap the motor. None of the YouTubes I saw had the furnace coming out. The ones I watched showed the motor being swapped without pulling the furnace. I never saw one that was our "exact" model but they all appeared very similar. So my questions:

1. Is this guy right? Does the entire furnace have to be pulled?
2. Does anyone have a link that helped them with this project?
3. Any thoughts on doing this myself? Doesn't appear to be rocket science.

I sourced a motor kit for $155 and I think (hope?) we are done with our heater till we get home to Tallahassee next week. Thanks Joe

FloridaFlockers is offline   Reply With Quote