Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2021, 06:27 AM   #1
goodellj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20452
No New Maps for Rand McNally RVND-7730-LM GPS

I have a Rand McNally RVND-7730-LM GPS that is supposed to have lifetime maps, but there have been no map updates available for at least 3 years. I bought it in 2014. For the past few years we have been aware that we have to use other map references when we enter new road construction because the old maps on the GPS have gotten me lost a few times.

I have corresponded with Rand McNally and their response is that there is no map update but new GPS units are available. I guess their definition of "lifetime maps" is different than mine.

Has anyone found a map database that can be loaded onto a Rand McNally? I have heard of this for other GPS brands but I have no information on the GPS hardware or the map databases.

I have given up on my Rand RV GPS and I am using google maps on my smartphone. I was hoping that an RV GPS app for the phone might be found. BUT, I found that the smartphone screen is too small to easily read while driving, even with readers. So I am almost ready to spend the money for a new dedicated RV GPS.

6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 07:28 AM   #2
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I've had my Garmin only a couple of years and there have been a few map updates already. I'm even on the second map update for my '18 TV's nav system.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We also dumped Rand Mcnalley for Garmin and will not be going back.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote