Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #1
Rammer Jammer

M.O.C. #29433
Need help with Thermostat.

Hey everyone,
I bought a microair thermostat for our 2021 331rl. Like a dummy, I didn't take a picture before I took the wires out and guess what, the wires aren't the same color code from the wall as are listed on the old or new thermostat. Is there anyone with this same unit that can take a pic of the wires attached to the airxcel thermostat for the main unit with the heat pump option? Thanks in advance for any help.

Rammer Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 06:13 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I recently replaced my Living Room thermostat with a MicroAir.
Dometic had sent me a free replacement for my OEM living Room thermostat in 2019. The OEM Dometic thermostat in the bedroom started acting up in the last few months. I relocated the newer Dometic to the bedroom. The pic below is of my bedroom thermostat wires...gray-green-blue.

If you look at the number "18" just above the screen - I think that is a date of manufacture. The OEM bedroom thermostat I replaced had "16" on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-07_7-06-19.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	10519  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:15 AM   #3
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I'm not sure how constant they are at the factory with the wiring colors for the TStat. The wiring harness in ours is a 6-wire cluster, only 3 of which are being used. They used Red, Green, and Orange to wire our TStat. I'm not sure how they make sure it is wired correctly at both ends if they are randomly selecting wires from the cluster. I'm only suggesting that the wire colors might not be same from trailer to trailer.

A volt meter should give you "Hot" (remember that it's 12v). "Ground" and "Common" might be more of a guessing game.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote