Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2021, 07:15 PM   #1
Lhinkle114
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25520
Help with Freezer Storage in Jacksonville Fl

We are new to full timing and until now have been living full time in our RV, but from 29 Dec to 6 Jan we will be in Jacksonville Fl and need to store our RV. That being said what do we do with all our Refrigerator items. We don’t want to just throw them out. We are hoping someone in this site has some ideas. I have called several RV campground but no space during that time

Lhinkle114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:04 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Larry,

I would think you could use up much of the food in the next 30 days. If not buy a low end freezer to keep your food.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 06:07 AM   #3
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
If you could live with being about an hour north of Jacksonville, you could try Coastal Georgia RV park. We are staying there during that time period for a couple of days on our way to FL. When I booked it last month they said they had plenty of room, but of course that was then. If you can get in and then work out something better in the meantime, they advertise a cancellation 3 days before arrival gets you your deposit back less $5.
I have never stayed there before and know nothing about the park but it looks nice and very convenient to the interstate, just throwing it out there. Good luck.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 07:38 AM   #4
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
If you have a gas / electric fridge just make sure your propane tanks are full and run it on gas. If it’s a residential fridge perhaps you could talk to the manager of a local grocery store and see if for a small fee they would let you store it in their back room freezer. As a last resort you could pack it with dry ice, but I’m not sure if it would last that long.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #5
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Give this guy a call. https://www.baconstorage.com

We stored our Class C with him while selling it and subsequently our Montana for a couple of weeks after we sold the Class C.

He used to full time in a 5er and he has spots with 15A power. He's a super nice guy that's really easy to work with.
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Donate the food to a local food bank.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #7
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
If you have a gas / electric fridge just make sure your propane tanks are full and run it on gas. If it’s a residential fridge perhaps you could talk to the manager of a local grocery store and see if for a small fee they would let you store it in their back room freezer. As a last resort you could pack it with dry ice, but I’m not sure if it would last that long.
The propane should last more than a week but I'm not sure the battery will.
Old 11-27-2021, 02:53 PM   #8
Lhinkle114
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25520
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandK View Post
If you could live with being about an hour north of Jacksonville, you could try Coastal Georgia RV park. We are staying there during that time period for a couple of days on our way to FL. When I booked it last month they said they had plenty of room, but of course that was then. If you can get in and then work out something better in the meantime, they advertise a cancellation 3 days before arrival gets you your deposit back less $5.
I have never stayed there before and know nothing about the park but it looks nice and very convenient to the interstate, just throwing it out there. Good luck.

Thank You I will keep that in my hat as an Alternative
Lhinkle114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #9
bcrvman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhinkle114 View Post
We are new to full timing and until now have been living full time in our RV, but from 29 Dec to 6 Jan we will be in Jacksonville Fl and need to store our RV. That being said what do we do with all our Refrigerator items. We don’t want to just throw them out. We are hoping someone in this site has some ideas. I have called several RV campground but no space during that time
Find a storage facility with power. Make sure you have an EMS, and some way of monitoring the power over WiFi, and most importantly a phone number that is answered by someone who knows how to restore power if needed. Replacing the food may be the cheapest solution however. There are other better solutions but cost is $10k plus.
3,000 watt hybrid inverter with 120A charger
bcrvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:05 PM   #10
TK1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhinkle114 View Post
Have you tried Pecan Park it's a Sun RV park, is very clean, right off I95 north of Jackson near the airport. We have stayed there several times and never been disappointed.
TK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:41 AM   #11
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
If you're near the beach, KA Hannah Park is also a nice alternative. I live about 10 minutes from there.
https://web1.myvscloud.com/wbwsc/flj...f6fafb1118e5f7
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #12
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
There are two parks about 20 min. south of Jax that I have always had good luck getting short term reservations with.
Stage Coach & Sun Outdoors, both near St Augustine.

Several others that I have no experience with.

One you might look into is St. John's RV park and storage yard.

All are close to I95.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote