Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #21
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We haft to figure how to open the country up safely. When people start getting out how do we keep this disease from spreading?
We have a small nursing home here with 61 people with this disease. I wouldn’t wont to tell their family I was responsible. Is doing what we wish worth the risk to others.
Lynwood

mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #22
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We will soon head out to our seasonal summer site but will approach this with great caution.
Even when/if common areas such as pool, playground, social events open up we won't be using them. We will continue to socialize with our usual like minded friends that we know have been exercising our similar cautions like social distancing and limited necessary outings. Our usual greetings will not take the shape of the usual hugs and handshakes for a long while yet.

Knowledge is a wonderful thing if you seek it out and let it into your mind. Anyone that lives with a heathcare professional, has a family member or friend as such knows the real dangers of covid 19. My dear DW a retired 35 year nurse would love to educate anyone on this provided you are willing to listen. If you try to compare covid in anyway to "common" or "flue" you are toast. She is the most caring person I have ever known but when it comes to the ignorance of what we are dealing with here well.....
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #23
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Ohio campgrounds are allowed to reopen May 21.

Rule #1. The Chief is always right.
Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #24
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Yellowstone will reopen but just for the Wyoming side. You won’t be able to get in through Montana or Id.
Rocky Mt Park is also reopening.
Lynwood
Old 05-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #25
prndl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19630
We're still here at Camp Corona in Site #1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 3.22.00 PM.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	6304   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 3.24.15 PM.png
Views:	80
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	6305  
prndl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 05:29 PM   #26
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Some central CA coast campsites are open. Others are closed, making reservations as if to open then canceling them every two weeks. The problem is too much government (aka our) money incentivizing a shutdown. At least in CA.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #27
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
I'm glad we live near a small town. It's very easy to practice social distancing. Let's keep praying about the WHOLE situation works out! Bless us all!
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:19 PM   #28
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Until heard immunity/immunization (tested safe & works) we could wait for years. Do we hunker down and wait for years or do we go about our business in as safe as way as we can? I can see both sides but there is one elephant hiding in plain view. The so called essential workers that are the only reason that others can hunker down. Supposedly it only takes one or two carriers to start the whole thing over. I like my odds of less than one percent getting sick and way less than that actually dying. Just an opinion and I can be right or wrong but if there is no economy left than really what does it matter if nothing is left but anarchy. I really hope that things get better sooner than later.
Old 05-15-2020, 06:55 AM   #29
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Parts of NY State begin to reopen today including the North Country where our seasonal site along Lake Champlain is located. We were given the 'green light' on Tuesday that we could start camping TODAY. We are 100% ready but will be going there on Monday or Tuesday, monsoon like weather permitting, though. The restrictions are onerous if you are a real people person with nothing but your campsite being open - distancing, masks, no amenities or activities and only the laundry open and by time sign up.

Our Capital District area was about ready to reopen but fell back with too many new hospitalizations and new cases reported.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #30
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I listen to a woman on NPR this week. She had made her life’s work to study all flu pandemics. She said this isn’t a flu pandemic but it was a virus and she didn’t know if it would act the same. All flu pandemics come on strong and then in a few months seem to almost go away. But don’t be fooled we are not by any means out of the woods. If it does this it could come back much stronger than before. If it does almost go away don’t let your guard down. BEE SAFE.
Lynwood
Old 06-20-2020, 05:47 AM   #31
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Noting Lynwood's post above, our area has gone to Phase 3 of 4 which means just about everything but recreation is now open. People are NOT being careful with just the sheer numbers out on the roads. We droven 100 miles down the local interstate and the traffic at 10:30 in the morning looked like a holiday Sunday afternoon. Our campground was also full though the owners has some strict rules that have to be followed or you will be evicted - warnings have been made already. Our town, the largest in the county now has 120 cases out of 530 for the county's 21 individual towns and the infection rate is still growing

To that NPR report - that woman is dead wrong in not calling the COVID-19 problem a pandemic. While having zip formal health education do have some language skills. Pan + epidemic (shortened to -demic) means worldwide and COVID-19 for sure has been and still is a major problem and the second wave may be worse if the current strain mutates.

A standard definition easily found in many sources:
  • An EPIDEMIC is a disease that affects a large number of people within a community, population, or region.
  • A PANDEMIC is an epidemic that’s spread over multiple countries or continents.
(Personal view only - if NPR is speaking, there is little real substance)
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:35 AM   #32
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Sorry Dave I gave the wrong impression. She did call it a pandemic and after listening to her it made me more willing to wear my mask.
Lynwood