Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2020, 09:15 AM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
I lost 2 friends this week Husband and Wife.

Our American Legion post has been closed for over 8 weeks due to govenor Bakers closures.
I am the Commander of an American Legion post. We are one huge family, We celebrate the good and have had our share of losses over the years.

Together as one big extended family. My Bothers and Sisters as well as our currently serving military men and women from our district, and all around the world.

It is the good times which carry us through.
Jeff was the Commander of the Sons at my American Legion Post.
Joanne his wife was past president of the American Legion Auxillary.
Both passed away within 24hours of each other. True Love. They were high school sweethearts and have always been together.

Neither of them over the age of 50. We won't know definitive, probably ever, But it is with great sadness I morn the loss of my extended family.

They have a daughter and a son. Their daughter was planning a wedding for October.

Old 05-01-2020, 10:54 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your friends. As I am also a member of the American Legion (Pendleton, Indiana), your family is my family too. They are surely loved and will be greatly missed. I'm now 65 years old. My dad was a member of the American Legion Post in Lapel, Indiana when I was just a baby. I grew up in the American Legion, remembering playing Bingo, the annual picnics, and different events, sitting at the bar, drinking a Coke (which kids can't do now-a-days), but sadly over the last 60 years have seen many good people take their place in formation in the world beyond. The local graveyard (Lapel) is filled with flags on the graves on Memorial Day week, and so many of them I remember so well. The flags make me so sad, but yet, so proud to be a part of this family. This Memorial day there will be some additional flags. I give them a salute. And with them "God Speed!" And many blessings on you too as you carry on the tradition.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:03 PM   #3
Mtncrash1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21598
So sorry for the loss. I’ve been a member of Omaha Post 1 Omaha Nebraska for about 18 years now and, have taken part in far too many funerals of lost Legion family members.

2017 HC 345RL
2015 F-250
Mtncrash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #4
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Heart felt sympathy from my wife and I.. Legion Post 176 Los Angeles (Van Nuys) Sad but they are still together on the right hand of GOD. Thank you for your service in both with the American Legion's and Arms Forces

Charlie & Sofia
Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 03:57 PM   #5
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhftx View Post
Our American Legion post has been closed for over 8 weeks due to govenor Bakers closures.
I am the Commander of an American Legion post. We are one huge family, We celebrate the good and have had our share of losses over the years.

Together as one big extended family. My Bothers and Sisters as well as our currently serving military men and women from our district, and all around the world.

It is the good times which carry us through.
Jeff was the Commander of the Sons at my American Legion Post.
Joanne his wife was past president of the American Legion Auxillary.
Both passed away within 24hours of each other. True Love. They were high school sweethearts and have always been together.

Neither of them over the age of 50. We won't know definitive, probably ever, But it is with great sadness I morn the loss of my extended family.

They have a daughter and a son. Their daughter was planning a wedding for October.
Sorry for your loss and Thank You for your service.
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #6
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
I am very sorry for your loss. I am a member of Post 66 in Green Valley.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote