Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2020, 04:32 PM   #1
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Wish I was not here!

Hi All,

This is the dumbest dam thing I have ever been thru. Having no FAN"S here at the race, this is no race its a big test session. All you hear in engines. No fan noise its no race. Can wait until its over. About 80 laps to go.....

Charlie

Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #2
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
I suppose a race fan would appreciate the race more than the fans. The energy produced by the fans adds to experience, like an NFL game or any other sport. But what are people there for?
Old 05-17-2020, 07:52 PM   #3
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I believe we all will find things we used to thoroughly enjoy being a bit anti-climatic now days. A lot of it will make no sense no matter how much stomping around we do. With some areas that opened back up having little to no COVID increases, perhaps more of what we used to enjoy will get back with it. We're just going to have to see how it plays out.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:19 PM   #4
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
charlie i watched it on tv and it was boreing there also. if you would have worn a colored hat and told us what it was we could have picked you out of the crown easily. lol at least you got out with your new rig.

al meyer
3931 fb
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 07:35 AM   #5
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
On the plus side there most likely no lines no waiting at the VIP hospitality tents and no free merchandise either. Pit passes probably were not obtainable either. Were you inside the track RV area. If so it must of been an good experience which you will talk about, for decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 3931fb View Post
Hi All,

This is the dumbest dam thing I have ever been thru. Having no FAN"S here at the race, this is no race its a big test session. All you hear in engines. No fan noise its no race. Can wait until its over. About 80 laps to go.....

Charlie
Old 05-18-2020, 12:34 PM   #6
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
Well it was better on TV than the video game racing they have been showing. Too bad Jimmy Johnson crashed early and I am happy Kevin Harvick won the race. Are you staying to photograph the race on Wednesday too?
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #7
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2B snowbird View Post
Well it was better on TV than the video game racing they have been showing. Too bad Jimmy Johnson crashed early and I am happy Kevin Harvick won the race. Are you staying to photograph the race on Wednesday too?
Kevin Harvick was going to have a party after for his 50th win. They said no way. We told them (NASCAR) to medically check all of us that was going to be at the party they said nope to expensive to do. They asked me to stay for Wednesday night's race told them NO! not putting up with your B******t. So we are now home.

Charlie
Old 05-18-2020, 07:57 PM   #8
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Group of people decided to have a get together in Party Cove on Perry Lake, Kansas up by Topeka. One person was in contact with a COVID positive guy before he went ... 10 people now test positive and 20 in quarantine. It only takes one ............
Old 05-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #9
Brucelas
Established Member

M.O.C. #18901
Ya, and I have a bridge for sale.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:53 PM   #10
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I was pretty flippant about this whole deal myself until a couple of weeks ago ... a classmate and family friend died of COVID 19. It brought it right close to home for me.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:07 AM   #11
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
I was pretty flippant about this whole deal myself until a couple of weeks ago ... a classmate and family friend died of COVID 19. It brought it right close to home for me.

My motorcycle riding buddy felt the same way. It was just another flu and it would just go away. It wasn’t a pandemic. He felt that way until he talked to his son. Now he doesn’t leave the house. His son is a doctor.
Stay safe
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #12
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Group of people decided to have a get together in Party Cove on Perry Lake, Kansas up by Topeka. One person was in contact with a COVID positive guy before he went ... 10 people now test positive and 20 in quarantine. It only takes one ............
You know what dieselguy, you are absolutely right. I really sould look at it that way. I guess I was in a bad way and sounded off without thinking. I am a big boy and I can admit when I am wrong and I was wrong. This is not an excused but after being with NASCAR for over 45 years it was not the same old NASCAR that I am used to seeing and being with. It hurt me to see that and I guess I flipped out.

Charlie
Old 05-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #13
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Charlie, no worries here. By no means am I saying go hide in your basement from now on, just gauge your exposure.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:28 AM   #14
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Hey Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I followed you on your other posts and was glad to hear you had an opportunity to regain existence! And taking the camper anywhere outside your own driveway is a real blessing.

Use your new experience to examine your own heart and soul and strive to use it to enrich your life and future experiences now. Don't think of it as a "loss". Rather, what you gained by this experience. Really, what you DID experience goes way farther and way deeper than just a car race! I think you discovered who you truly are and what really is important. Without crowds and excitement and energy going on around you, who are you, really! Congrats on finding yourself! But it's a bit scary too, isn't it?

I can say this from experience. Many, many years ago, I was a young and up-coming bachelor, proud as a peacock at my personal achievements, education, and worldly possessions. I had a few social friends, but other than family, my world consisted of all my possessions.... so proud, so arragont.

Then the house I lived in caught fire, and I lost everything, including my billfold and car and motorcycle keys. I got out of the house in my underware with a blanket wrapped around me, in 2 feet of snow. I pulled my motorcycle away from the house and just prayed the fire would not take the car. I had insurance on nothing.

When it was all over, a neighbor gave me a set of cloths to wear and I stayed a few days with a loosie-goosie-"friend". But for the first time in my life I had an awakening. I was truly set free, and horribly humbled. At that moment I learned what was truly important, and it wasn't in "things."

I very soon enlisted in the Army and my life took a different path. And to this very day, I remember that decisive moment that changed everything in my life .... for the better.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #15
Slow Hand
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17391
This sucks Charlie. I watched it on TV and I thought Fox did as good as they could have. I didn't like the no fans part!!! I see why the drivers wanted to get in the cars but i bet the garage was not happy just to drive around. As for Harvick wow Nascar sucks. He should have been able to have a party. Nascar has not made the sport better in my opinion and this is another example of dropping the ball. I racing doesn't do it for me. It doesn't do it for the drivers ether. Nascar may as well postpone the rest of the races till we can get butts in the stands.
Slow Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #16
Creeker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23094
Without fans, there are no sports. We've been waiting for the Cowboys to come close to town again for several years. They're within a two hours drive this year and we've already spent $1K on tickets and hotel. The game is not until December so I'm holding out hope.
Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:34 PM   #17
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Charlie, no worries here. By no means am I saying go hide in your basement from now on, just gauge your exposure.
Yes we will. My wife was with me this weekend. She is learn new thing's also..

Charlie
Old 05-19-2020, 05:42 PM   #18
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Hey Charlie,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. I followed you on your other posts and was glad to hear you had an opportunity to regain existence! And taking the camper anywhere outside your own driveway is a real blessing.

Use your new experience to examine your own heart and soul and strive to use it to enrich your life and future experiences now. Don't think of it as a "loss". Rather, what you gained by this experience. Really, what you DID experience goes way farther and way deeper than just a car race! I think you discovered who you truly are and what really is important. Without crowds and excitement and energy going on around you, who are you, really! Congrats on finding yourself! But it's a bit scary too, isn't it?

I can say this from experience. Many, many years ago, I was a young and up-coming bachelor, proud as a peacock at my personal achievements, education, and worldly possessions. I had a few social friends, but other than family, my world consisted of all my possessions.... so proud, so arragont.

Then the house I lived in caught fire, and I lost everything, including my billfold and car and motorcycle keys. I got out of the house in my underware with a blanket wrapped around me, in 2 feet of snow. I pulled my motorcycle away from the house and just prayed the fire would not take the car. I had insurance on nothing.

When it was all over, a neighbor gave me a set of cloths to wear and I stayed a few days with a loosie-goosie-"friend". But for the first time in my life I had an awakening. I was truly set free, and horribly humbled. At that moment I learned what was truly important, and it wasn't in "things."

I very soon enlisted in the Army and my life took a different path. And to this very day, I remember that decisive moment that changed everything in my life .... for the better.

Thank you so much for the love and kind words. My grand dad lived to be 104 years old before GOD took him home. He always told me that life is learning something new everyday. When you stop learning you start dying! I guess I forgot that for a little while. Thank you again and may GOD bless you always!

Charlie
Old 05-24-2020, 03:30 PM   #19
artgaljj

M.O.C. #11738
I know I’ll probably get a bucket of you know what dumped on me, but when I watched that race I was so proud of NASCAR for keeping their racers, their teams, the media and the fans safe. I was excited to think that those who refuse to wear masks might see these extraordinary race car drivers and teams had rethink what they would be willing to do for the safety of others. I thought it was amazing that NASCAR was able to pull the race off under such challenging circumstances. We’ll all be in the seats again someday, except for those who do die of Corvus 19 or experience debilitating health damage from having had it.
artgaljj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #20
Rider
Established Member

M.O.C. #30237
Granddaughter, daughter, wife and I had it 12/19-3/20 & 6/21-8/21. Miserable flu symptoms 1st time. No symptoms 2nd, despite testing positive.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote