Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2020, 12:16 PM   #1
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Private message and reply.

I recently received an email saying I had a private message. I was able too read the PM but could not decipher how to reply. I typed in a reply and tried to send it and a message came up showing my reply and saying that it could not be delivered. I need a simple tutorial on how to reply to PMs. Thanks.

tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Welcome to the world of PMs. There isn't much to them. You can't include pictures for example. But they are good for quick and dirty exchanges between you and others.

I assume you found the "Private Message" clicky in the upper right hand portion of the screen. That takes you to the "Private Messages in Folder" screen. Note that following the "Private Messages in Folder" text it says "Inbox" followed by an upside down triangle. This indicates there are other "folders" specifically a "Sent" one. That is where your sent replies are stored. Let's ignore the Sent" folder for now.

Apparently you found the PM and opened it. It should have looked something like this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC - PM to me.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	6338

There are two ways to respond. The quickest and easiest is to type your reply text after the original text (delineated by the "[QUOTE]....[/QUOTE]" tags. Then click on the "Submit" box (circled in red) to send the Reply.

The other option is to click on the blue "Reply" button pointed to by the red arrow. That will take you to a more full function edit screen (much like what you can use when editing a post) that appears like this.

Name:	MOC - PM Reply .jpg
Views:	56
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	6339

Once again you type your text, with the options to resize and color it, and then you can either "Preview Message" (to ensure it looks like you wanted) or "Submit Message" to ship it off.

There isn't too much to mess up using PMs. If you have further questions or confusion let me know and I will try to help.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:14 PM   #3
tooth ferry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17209
Thanks for trying but I don't see a PM clicky in the upper right corner of the screen. Should it be on the screen that opened by clicking on an address on the email? Completely computer illiterate.
tooth ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:22 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Sorry, I guess I missed the email part. That is solely a notification you have a PM on the MOC forum. While you can see the text in the email, you have to go to the forum and logon in order to respond.

The "Home" screen that you see when you logon and any subsequent screens always have a link to read PMs. Click on the "Private Messages" link circled in red in the picture below. That will take you to the screens I posted earlier where you can read and reply to the PM.

Name:	MOC - Private Message Link.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	152.6 KB
ID:	6359

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote