Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #21
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
There is a big difference between dying from Corona vs. dying with Corona. The medical community is not our friend with regards to reporting the truth. Ultimately, it leads to money as to what drives the hysteria. Will the vaccine help the situation? Probably.

Old 11-15-2020, 10:20 PM   #22
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Checking to see if mods deleted my posts yet...��. My real post count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 450. ��
Old 11-16-2020, 05:42 AM   #23
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Okay My wife and I both have additionalconditions that increase our risks if we catch Covid. However, I am concerned with the vaccine's safety. Teh Vaccine has been fast tracked and other safety measures by-passed. Then given Pfizer's track record of lawsuits, I am not so sure I would want to take the shot in a early wave.

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/pfizer/

Pfizer has had many triumphs. It discovered citric acid. It mass produces penicillin and vitamin C. But for all its successes, it has also seen its fair share of lawsuits and scandal.

Consumers have accused Pfizer of selling defective products. The U.S. government has charged the company with health care fraud.

Fortune magazine named Pfizer the world’s most admired pharmaceutical company in 1997. But in 2017, a Reputation Institute report ranked Pfizer last among the top 17 drug makers for reputation.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
Old 11-16-2020, 06:39 AM   #24
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Moderna pharma just announced early positive vaccine results. This should help those wanting such things. With less than 4% of our population affected, even less if we had accurate data, it should help with getting the other 96% of the country back to normalcy.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #25
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Down to petty bickering now. Time to close the thread.
Old 11-16-2020, 07:54 PM   #26
McRod
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18363
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Down to petty bickering now. Time to close the thread.
I have noticed that those who feel outwitted respond on this forum. They intentionally bring it into a forbidden area to get the mods to act on their behalf.

Congrats.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:39 AM   #27
JEROME
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22972
What is the biggest threat

My fear is some one is going to control our communication ,because they know what is best for us, What is freedom ? Jerome and Judy
Old 11-17-2020, 12:00 PM   #28
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
Checking to see if mods deleted my posts yet...��. My real post count is somewhere in the neighborhood of 450. ��

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRod View Post
I have noticed that those who feel outwitted respond on this forum. They intentionally bring it into a forbidden area to get the mods to act on their behalf.

Congrats.
Pot/kettle

Many posts have been removed from this discussion as it has wandered off the rails and substantially afoul of the sites posting rules. This is an RV board we have specific prohibitions on political topics. it's worth noting that we also require members to post in a collegial way. That means no insults, no name calling and no trolling.

This years pandemic has been a heavylift for most of us. Some have lost family and friends, some have lost livelihood and some have have had their usual lifestyle disrupted by reductions in travel and social options. Most folks are on edge or have easily pushed buttons surrounding these changes.

Regardless - when you participate on this forum you are expected to follow the posting parameters laid out for ALL members. You agreed to them when you joined and we expect that you will honor that commitment. If you see posts that don't meet this standard please hit the preport function to alert a moderator but don't respond to argue - it only amps up the situation.

Most of us participate here to discuss RVing issues and the pandemic to some extend shapes our rving experience but please remember that we don't all share the came political values. We do however share rving in common - let's focus on that please.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #29
Janet H
Site Team

M.O.C. #19422
Send a message via AIM to Janet H Send a message via MSN to Janet H
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEROME View Post
My fear is some one is going to control our communication ,because they know what is best for us, What is freedom ? Jerome and Judy
Freedom of speech gives Americans the right to express themselves without having to worry about government interference. There are many places to freely express opinions but it's important to remember that posts on this site must fit within the proscribed posting regs. This website is privately owned and we require members to abide by our rules and by the decisions of our staff.

We believe in public freedom of speech but that right does not mean that we are required to publish every/all speech. Just as a newspaper, media outlet or magazine chooses what to publish we also choose. The type of content published is defined in our site rules.

We provide a platform to discuss Montana RVs and issues pertaining to RVing - we are not a forum for political discussion, religious debate, etc. We're not taking sides - simply trying to maintain a useful and informative platform to discuss Montanas and the RV lifestyle..

Here's a link the site rules: https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ork&page=rules

Thanks for understanding.

Old 11-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #30
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Most of us probably will get the vaccine in the third wave. First responders and medical personnel and those in an old age home will go before us. We should be able to get our vaccine in the second quarter next year.
Fingers crossed that everything works out.
Lynwood
Old 11-17-2020, 01:13 PM   #31
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Bottom line for us is being able to enjoy traveling and camping. My wife is retired and I am retiring at the end of December. Whether or not folks opt for a vaccine, my hope is that by mere virtue of it's broad availability that many, if not all, of the current restrictions will be lifted and life can return to a form a normalcy. That includes easier access to all of our various RV parks and the countless sights and excursions that our country affords.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #32
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
I don’t pay much attention to the numbers on the news. I know this is serious and DW and I are taking it serious. We do not want to catch this thing. As stated earlier in this thread - we will get the vaccine as soon as it is available. We have been doing flu and pneumonia and shingles etc. I don’t want to catch that stuff either. I suspect we will be wearing masks for a while even after the vaccine comes out. Ok...whatever...it’s no big deal for me. I just do not want to catch this.

As to the numbers and statistics...my 92 yr old mother died Aug 11. After being locked up for her own safety in the assisted living home, my sister could not come take her out on the routine week of Sonic, bridge with friends, Mexican food at Francisco’s, etc etc. For some reason - she quit eating on July 11. Maybe a medication got off. She could not keep anything down, even water. Everybody did everything that should have been done. My sisters and I think she just gave up, did not want to go on like this locked away from loved ones, and she wanted to be with Dad, her sister, etc etc. She did not have COVID - but she was most certainly a casualty of this situation. I agree that the nursing homes needed to be closed off to protect seniors but the loneliness is a killer. Where do they track that statistic?
Same here. My Mom passed away on June 22nd in a very well known high$$ retirement home. Don't know if Covid played a part, but our guess is loneliness. No one could could see her for months.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:36 PM   #33
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
She was 94 years old.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:51 PM   #34
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Loneliness is a very serious problem for anyone especially older people. We are very sorry about your mother. Loss of our parents is always a very sad thing.
Lynwood
Old 11-23-2020, 10:21 AM   #35
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
When we were younger, we healed up quickly and could take on the world. Now that we are the older generation, we have to take an inventory almost daily to ensure the next decade will come along. I have to trust science will give us that opportunity and go with the hope for staying healthy enough to absorb everything I put into getting to retirement. Reality sets in when on a nice Saturday afternoon, someone from contact tracing calls you and said you were in a location where a staff member tested positive and to self quarantine and cancel everything. I had access to a testing site and 24 hours later was negative. I will also be maintaining a healthy dose of vitamins as recommended and the flu vaccine will at least slow down the possible Asymptomatic COVID conditions everyone will quickly jump to. My mindset needs to change to preventive, instead of resistive. Just my thoughts this week.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:21 PM   #36
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Don't forget, they gave immunity to the drug companies in those stimulus packages.
Being a Gulf War Vet, and forced to take the experimental Anthrax vaccine, I'm VERY suspicious of fast tracked drugs.
Seeing as the US soldiers were the only ones taking the Anthrax vaccine, they were also the ONLY ones who came home with GulfWar Syndrome...
I will wait a while before I stand in line for a new fast tracked vaccine.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:55 PM   #37
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes segment on the side effects of this Crona virus. People with mild to moderate disease sometimes have bad side effects and the medical community can’t figure out why. They talked to a runner that can’t walk very far.
Lynwood
Old 11-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #38
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes segment on the side effects of this Crona virus. People with mild to moderate disease sometimes have bad side effects and the medical community can’t figure out why. They talked to a runner that can’t walk very far.
Lynwood
Didn’t see that one, but there have been numerous stories on local TV news, web news, and in the paper of the various long term unexplained complications some covid patients are suffering, some of those for months afterward.

DFW and Texas new cases and deaths have been hitting new highs almost daily the last several days.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:32 AM   #39
Tom N OH
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
Don't forget, they gave immunity to the drug companies in those stimulus packages.
Being a Gulf War Vet, and forced to take the experimental Anthrax vaccine, I'm VERY suspicious of fast tracked drugs.
Seeing as the US soldiers were the only ones taking the Anthrax vaccine, they were also the ONLY ones who came home with GulfWar Syndrome...
I will wait a while before I stand in line for a new fast tracked vaccine.
I’m with you, I’m not in a hurry to be someone’s Guinea Pig. This “vaccine” is maybe 6 months old. We have no idea what the long term effects of it may be. It might cause blindness, heart disease, cancer or any number of other things over the long term. No thanks.

P.S. Daryles, and all other Veterans, police, fire & front line workers, thank you for your service & sacrifices. We’ve got your six.
Old 11-24-2020, 09:04 AM   #40
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
It's been awhile since taking the flu shots. The last two shots I took, I ended up sicker than I've been in many years ... no more flu shots. I have done the Shingles and Pneumonia shots with no issues.

Now for interests sake - find the folks that anti-vaccination. Their side of this whole discussion revolves around the way methods being used to make them has many potential bad long term side effects ... worth looking into. If I do the 19, it will not be early into the release ... IMHO. ie don't buy the first release new model TV ...
Closed Thread