Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
Les Greer
Established Member

M.O.C. #23377
Goshen to Nashville, suggested routes?

We are planning a trip from the Goshen area to Nashville and then on to northwest Georgia next year. What are the best roads to take that won’t beat up the 5ver too much?
We didn’t make the rally this year but plan to be there next year.

Federal Way, WA
Les Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:57 AM   #2
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Nashville is kind of a nightmare on the freeways. I went thru twice this summer plus drove in to downtown from Lebanon. I think there about 5 or 6 freeways that all wind around and cross each other. I came in on I24 and there are places where you merge onto another freeway and within 1 or 2 miles have to merge onto a different one (on the other side of the current road). So have a good gps that warns you to get to the left or right side of the road to exit.

On a different subject, if you like BBQ, try Jacks in downtown area with all the bars and music. Parking is hard to find (I paid for an off street spot) even during the mid day on a week day. Jacks also has a place with it's own parking about 2 miles away from downtown. It gets top ratings but looks like a 'dive' LOL. Just a small place with maybe seating for 40 people and a cafeteria like line to get food. BUT we love the KC sauce and brought home a case (24 bottles)!!!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
Les Greer
Established Member

M.O.C. #23377
My cousin lives in Hermitage so we won’t be going near downtown Nashville with the RV. The last time we were there a couple years ago, he did take us to Jack’s and it was great!
Nashville is a maze of freeways and aside from visiting my cousin, we will be skirting the city as much as possible to get on south to Georgia. I’m wondering about I65 or hwy 31 coming down through Indiana or any roads to avoid going through Indiana or Kentucky.
Federal Way, WA
Les Greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
A year or 2 ago I went thru Indianapolis. The were doing construction and we almost got lost. I took a loop around, but it detoured onto another road. There were no identifying signs along the way, so wasn't sure we were on the right road!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
Old 09-12-2021, 07:26 AM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I drove through Nashville every day for 5 years in my tractor trailer using I-24 & I-65 and rarely had a problem other than a holdup due to someone having an accident. Easy drive. Also drove through MANY other times in a 20 year span with same results.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:24 PM   #6
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
I drove through Nashville every day for 5 years in my tractor trailer using I-24 & I-65 and rarely had a problem other than a holdup due to someone having an accident. Easy drive. Also drove through MANY other times in a 20 year span with same results.
If you know where you are going, it is probably ok - just some bottlenecks. For first timers driving thru, knowing which lanes to get in and whether you are exiting right or left and which exit is challenging.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500