Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2023, 04:24 PM   #1
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
North American Fall Rally Weight Out

Why should you consider getting your rig weighed at the rally? As RV owners, we do a lot to prepare and to minimize problems. The RVSEF Weigh Out provides a review of your complete rig comparing tire capacities, hitch rating, tow vehicle and 5er GVWR ratings and individual weights on each tire. This includes the tow vehicle and trailer.

We can get our weights checked at many places, but they combine weights on both tires per axle. This is often ok, but doing a detailed study is much better. Most trailers have a heavy side depending on the refrigerator. In addition, if pulling unlevel, the rear axle might be heavier, which will decrease your tire life. Learn what you can do to help balance your loaded RV.

The fee is $70 and provides a complete printout.

The first time I did this my truck was 1700 pounds overweight.

Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 09:59 AM   #2
JAWatsonJones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30853
Link to sign up for RVSEF Weigh Out

Link to sign up for the RVSEF Weigh Out

[Click here to Sign Up]
JAWatsonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 10:51 AM   #3
darbutis

M.O.C. #22845
Weigh out question

What will be the hours for weigh outs and are times assigned? We will be traveling a very short distance when we leave the rally and would like to depart in late morning. Thank you.
darbutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 11:25 AM   #4
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
is there a list of people who have signed up for weighing? i'm pretty sure i did but trying to verify
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
Roadking

M.O.C. #28553
I've signed up to have ours weighed. Some information on when this will take place would be great.
Roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 09:35 AM   #6
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
I can share what happened last year. We officially signed up and paid the vendor at packet pickup. As I recall there were other opportunities during the week to sign up as well.
The vendor keeps a schedule and you have some flexibility to schedule your weigh times when you sign up and pay. (The earlier you sign up, the more flex you will have in choosing times.)
You will get weighed twice (2 times).
First weigh is the truck, full of fuel and loaded like you generally travel (including your spouse). This is done sometime before departure day.
Second weigh is on you way out of the campground with the trailer attached. You'll get a printout that shows the weight of each wheel. It's very helpful and shows you where all the weight is distributed.
There may be some changes in process this year so keep that in mind. The Selman's have done this for years and do a great job with their presentations (free) and with the actual weigh process.
See you at the rally!!
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 02:56 PM   #7
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Full details on the weigh out will be available, they'll have a table during check-in. In the past you'll weigh the tow vehicle loaded (including passengers, fuel, pets, etc) the day before the 16th. Then on the 17th when you're ready to depart you'll get a weight out time. And afterwards a quick review of data. Also at check in you'll pay and be given a form to fill in key information about rig and TV. This might take 20-30 minutes to fill out.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:43 AM   #8
cici
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #31797
hello we signed up for weighing the truck and trailer I saw something that said I needed forms. I cannot print and I don't know where to get them. Do I have to fill something put prior
thank you Christine santoli
cici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 02:17 PM   #9
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Quote:
Originally Posted by cici View Post
hello we signed up for weighing the truck and trailer I saw something that said I needed forms. I cannot print and I don't know where to get them. Do I have to fill something put prior
thank you Christine santoli
The Weight staff should be in the vendor both tomorrow and answer you questions and explain the timing. Sorry it's late getting back to you, parking and stuff has kept me off the net.