Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2022, 06:49 PM   #1
wade
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22358
I haven't actually done any research on this because I'm not in the market for a new truck but I've been told the only difference between a 2500 HD and 3500 HD both SRW is the springs. Everything else is the same comparing apples to apples
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 07:11 PM   #2
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is a huge difference going from a single rear wheel truck to a dually.
The difference is night and day in stability.
With that being said I have a friend who tows a momentum toy hauler with a 2500 Chevy truck I believe it's a 19.
His payload sticker is slightly under 2K. He called me the weight police and that was the end of it. Lol.
To me it's all good as long as there's not any problems like an accident. If somebody wiped out in front of me because they're rig was severely overloaded I'm sure there would be plenty of money-hungry lawyers to take that case. Should be pretty damn easy to prove if the dry weight of the camper alone is more than the cargo carrying capacity of the truck
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 08:11 PM   #3
77cruiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26015
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I haven't actually done any research on this because I'm not in the market for a new truck but I've been told the only difference between a 2500 HD and 3500 HD both SRW is the springs. Everything else is the same comparing apples to apples
Correct & possibly tires.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote