Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #1
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
Good Thoughts, Please

We are forecast to get 8 up to 12+ inches of heavy snow starting tonight through Friday morning here in NJ.

Any good thoughts, vibes, prayers, whatever would be appreciated.

We're hoping our roof and slides can take the weight. Can't bring the slides in at this point because they are covered in ice. There's a relatively thin layer of ice on the roof. DH is in no condition (since his tumble on the ice) to get up on the roof and clear it during the storm, nor would it be safe for him to do so even if he were 100%. We supposed to be getting wind gusts up to 30 MPH with this, too.

I'm doing up our laundry today and will be putting together a "go" bag and other items for us (and Maggie) to make it a few days and start over. Needless to say, I'm hoping the roof will hold and my prep will be just an exercise (again) in preparedness.

We'll get up in the early, early hours of the morning tomorrow just to see how much has fallen and to start shoveling to stay on top of accumulation on the ground . . . clearing our paths to the office from the rig and access points to the rig (propane doors, basement, etc.)

We've talked to the security company owner and have put in a request to be transferred to someplace a bit more temperate before next Winter. We've been here 3 years next week and have endured 2 hurricanes (evacuated the rig), Sandy (evacuated us and left the rig), a handful of Nor'easters and too-many-to-count misc. power and water outages.

We love everything about our job and the beauty of the environment, but enough is enough. We've endured a lot and are to the point of needing/wanting something a bit less traumatic in physical endurance for survival. Our boss totally agrees, says we have been the best team here and is working hard to find us something in a bit more temperate climate. Of course, the other major issue is what these conditions are doing to our beloved Montana home.

If our Monty holds up through this, I'll give him a big hug (like I did after Sandy). If not, we'll figure out what to do next. While we're driving South.

Thanks, and my thoughts to you all who are enduring lousy weather in this extreme Winter.

Stay safe ya'll,
Betty
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote