Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2024, 09:05 AM   #1
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Day/Night Shade Replacement

I need to replace one of the day/night shades in my Monty. Any recommendations on where to get one of them?

F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 09:26 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by timandsusan View Post
I need to replace one of the day/night shades in my Monty. Any recommendations on where to get one of them?
Try Recpro
https://www.recpro.com/interior-part...roller-shades/
Old 07-26-2024, 10:12 AM   #3
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
We used RVBlindco. 602-321-9986 They also have several YouTube videos on how-to. If you need roller parts like a new spring, you’ll need length and roller diameter, with whoever you go with.
Old 07-26-2024, 11:41 AM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Wow! Getting a matching pleated shade (I know you don't have roller ones) may be a challenge. But I was surprised at all the vendor who appeared after a Google search on "rv day night shade". Amazon, Recpro, Camping World, and more claim to have them. Finding a matching size will take some exploring.

I take it the shade is beyond repair? I know re-stringing is easy (once you know the process). If the hardware is intact, you can replace rotten fabric with a matching color, but oversized fabric, after a little cutting to size.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 03:46 PM   #5
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I just bought 2 matching pleated day night replacements for my 2004 Fleetwood motorhome. They match the OEM classic beautiful gorgeous BEIGE !!! It would cost a small fortune to update the whole coach to roller day night shades. I can’t find the company in Indiana I bought them from. I bought 2 for the main dining slide big windows - I think they were $110 each or so.

There was a company name on the OEM shade bottom rail. I tried to search that name and they had been purchased and changed names. Called them and they told me to take the blind down and find a number hand written in black marker on the top rail and that would tell her the OEM size and color. If I can find that paper work I will come back and post the company name to this thread - however…if you search “Rv pleated day night shades” Rec Pro and many other sources com up.

If you want to convert to MCD roller shades, get your check book out.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 09:47 AM   #6
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Replace only

I will look into re-stringing also! We will be in our Colorado location for about 9 weeks--lots of time! Thanks for info!
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 11:23 AM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Tim: There are a number of Posts, albeit older, here on restringing blinds. I used "restring blinds" to find them. One includes a video of the process. Plus there are a number of vendors that appear on a Google search. Parts are readily available from different vendors (Fix My Blinds is familiar) including Amazon.

I remember doing this on a couple of blinds back in the day. One was the big one on the rear window. It wasn't too hard.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2024, 08:32 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tim, I think the company that is supplying Montana with the roller shades on the newer units is Irvine Shades out of Elkhart, IN. I think they also make the pleated day/night shades. You might want to give them a call and see if they actually make them yet. They will need your measurements for the shade and the colors so have them handy when you call. If you are going to try to restring the ones you have, I think there is a tutorial here on the Forum giving you instructions on how to do it. We used to give classes at the National Rally on this years back and there are written instructions somewhere also on that. Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote