Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2022 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Hand Signals Class

Vickie and I will be conducting the hand signals and backing class again this year. There is no need to sign up for the class, just find it on the calendar and show up. We do ask that to get the most benefit from the instruction, both spouses should be present. We’re looking forward to seeing you..
Jim Fischer

NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:03 AM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCFischers View Post
Vickie and I will be conducting the hand signals and backing class again this year. There is no need to sign up for the class, just find it on the calendar and show up. We do ask that to get the most benefit from the instruction, both spouses should be present. We’re looking forward to seeing you..
Jim Fischer

What an excellent idea!
https://www.tiktok.com/@highwaythera...064325?lang=en
Old 07-22-2022, 10:48 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Tony, Fortunately Jim and Vickie do not conduct their Hand Signal Class like your video you posted and they are quite serious on their direction on how and when to do things when backing into a site. These two have been teaching this class for numerous years at the Fall Rally and a whole lot of folks have benefited from it. As they state, to get the most out of the class you must show up with your mate or significant other and work together on the backing procedure. It's a great class for both "Newbies" and "Oldtimers" (more experienced) to partake in!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 12:38 PM   #4
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Some how I posted this on the wrong thread... Probably because I was still laughing so hard...

Hilarious Foldbak!

I'm very thankful my DW drove semi's for a short while back in her youth. I wouldn't mind side view cameras on the fiver, but as long as Ms Edith is watching and guiding me in, I'm 100% comfortable taking directions from her while backing in. The COE we just visited, the park host wanted nine ways to Sunday to find us a different spot to back into. We looked at his other suggestions, then went and backed into our site in two shots - the second one was only to move the fiver further to one side to make it easier for our egress when time to depart. Went back to the gate house to let the host know we were in our chosen spot. The bewildered expression on his face was priceless.
Both DW and I have seen a LOT of folks that need to attend some sort of "directional / spotter" classes. Once of our favorite pastimes is sitting out in our lawn chairs in the shade watching others in much shorter rigs attempting to get into their campsites.
Happy camping one and all
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:29 PM   #5
achieve42
Established Member

M.O.C. #19018
Oh this is going into our schedule! Backing can sometimes be a challenge!
achieve42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #6
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Tony, Fortunately Jim and Vickie do not conduct their Hand Signal Class like your video you posted and they are quite serious on their direction on how and when to do things when backing into a site. These two have been teaching this class for numerous years at the Fall Rally and a whole lot of folks have benefited from it. As they state, to get the most out of the class you must show up with your mate or significant other and work together on the backing procedure. It's a great class for both "Newbies" and "Oldtimers" (more experienced) to partake in!
Hey Rondo I wasn't making fun of the class or concept. Trust me it's taken me years to train DW... Stuff got real when I backed into the house Since we got the Monty she's gotten really good using the correct hand signals and nomenclature. Now I call her on her phone and when backing. Works great!
Old 07-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
No problem Tony! There have been many a comment on this exact class or session by Jim and Vickie over the years but they are both great people and know how to put their points across to the attendees of the class. I know Jim is an RV pro inspector also and Vickie may have her certificate also. They both make the class fun and informative.

Lee- You are one lucky person to have an ex-CDL driver riding along with you. One learns from mistakes and there are always ways to improve ones driving skills no matter when and where you might be. Your comment on one of your favorite pastimes is sitting watching folks back into their sites. This reminds me of a few years back at several of the past Fall National Rallies held in Goshen. We had a group that would come in a little earlier than the rest of the attendees and set up for the Rally. When our friends would roll in we would set up our lawn chairs in a row and watch as they would maneuver into their sites. Once they got back in and stopped, we would hold up cardboard sheets with numbers on them from 1-10 and give them their score for backing into the site. It was all in fun but a great way to welcome our friends to the Rally and get the Rally started.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 07:56 PM   #8
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
No problem Tony! There have been many a comment on this exact class or session by Jim and Vickie over the years but they are both great people and know how to put their points across to the attendees of the class. I know Jim is an RV pro inspector also and Vickie may have her certificate also. They both make the class fun and informative.

Lee- You are one lucky person to have an ex-CDL driver riding along with you. One learns from mistakes and there are always ways to improve ones driving skills no matter when and where you might be. Your comment on one of your favorite pastimes is sitting watching folks back into their sites. This reminds me of a few years back at several of the past Fall National Rallies held in Goshen. We had a group that would come in a little earlier than the rest of the attendees and set up for the Rally. When our friends would roll in we would set up our lawn chairs in a row and watch as they would maneuver into their sites. Once they got back in and stopped, we would hold up cardboard sheets with numbers on them from 1-10 and give them their score for backing into the site. It was all in fun but a great way to welcome our friends to the Rally and get the Rally started.
Oh good Lord that is hilarious! I'm still laughing just picturing you guys sitting in your lawn chairs holding up scoring cards! Life is GOOD brother - stay young!
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 08:41 AM   #9
77cruiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26015
I tell mine just to stop me if I'm going to hit anything I can't see. No more no less, cause I've watched some of the hand signals. It's quite a comedy show.
Then they get pissed if you ask if the need help.
77cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:29 AM   #10
C&P RV
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30294
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77cruiser View Post
I tell mine just to stop me if I'm going to hit anything I can't see. No more no less, cause I've watched some of the hand signals. It's quite a comedy show.
Then they get pissed if you ask if the need help.
What he said!! But, we will still go to the class as it's good info. I spent 21 years as a Soldier and good consistent hand signals is what keeps people from getting killed, especially in night movements.
C&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #11
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM7018 View Post
What he said!! But, we will still go to the class as it's good info. I spent 21 years as a Soldier and good consistent hand signals is what keeps people from getting killed, especially in night movements.

Thanks for your service!
Old 07-23-2022, 06:04 PM   #12
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Hey guys,
So far the responses have been fun to read. I love that video. I’ve seen it before and it’s a riot. To add to Rondo’s post about holding up the cards, one of us held up a card with 1.5 on it. Our buddy got out of his truck and said “you must be the Russian judge”. If nothing else, we know how to have fun. See you all shortly.
Jim
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote