Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
texastwostep
Established Member

M.O.C. #18893
Samsung Refrigerator Freezing Up

I'm hoping someone has run across this before, and can help me out a bit.

We have the Samsung french door residential refrigerator, model RF18HFENBSR in our 3661RL. It worked fine until December when the evaporator fan started making noise. We had ice build up on the evaporator coils until the fan was hitting it, and then was eventually stopped by the ice. Repair guy came out and defrosted the refrigerator, replaced the thermistor, defrost heater, and drain tubes. Worked fine for 2 months.

Yesterday, same problem again. I popped the panel inside the refrigerator off, confirmed massive ice jam, defrosted it, and it's working again. Local repair guy declined to work on it, said it's a known problem and that Samsung has no fix for it. Called Samsung, have a beer handy, and finally got transferred to a tech who seemed to know what he was talking about. Says the issue is the leveling. The frig needs to be off the wheels, and have about a 2 degree slope front to back.

So, because the frig is hard mounted to the slide, I would probably level by setting the trailer on a 2 degree slope left to right.

The questions are: is it really this simple? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Walt
texastwostep is offline   Reply With Quote