Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Navigation
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2017, 09:03 AM   #1
Belti Guy

M.O.C. #20553
Newbe GPS request

Hello All, We just bought a Montana 3000RK this fall and have taken a couple short trips. We haven't camped extensively since the 70's and then in a tent, and this is our first foray into the RV world. There are two areas I want to address before we take off to Georgia and over to Texas in mid February. The first is tires and after reading several very informative threads on this forum on tires I've decided to get a set of Sailun tires. This forum is a fantastic source of information and ideas for maintaining and utilizing our Montana. My second area I want to address is a RV GPS unit. I've studied all the threads in this forum I could find on GPS units and looked at Amazon reviews for most GPS units and at the specific GPS websites. About the only common fact I could find is that people either really like or really hate a specific unit. Most units don't seem to have many middle ground reviews. Is this caused by widely divergent expectations, or are a large portion of each Make/Model defective, or are they not setting them up correctly? Most of the existing threads are a couple of years or more old, so I'm hoping that maybe a better consensus has developed in the last couple of years. So, would you please once again let me know what you would recommend for a RV GPS.
Belti Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gps, navagation, trip planning