Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2022, 04:23 AM   #1
snowmanfx4
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21279
Marker light

We have a 2021 3931fb. It has side cameras on the marker lights. I have one light out but camera still working. Was told by a rv dealer I had to replace the camera. Any one know if I do or is there a way to fix just the light?
Thank you

snowmanfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:45 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Sounds like a wire might have come loose for the light. There are 3 wires coming out of the side camera / light. One is ground, one is power to the camera, the other is power to the light. It's possible the wire connection going to the light came apart, or the wire broke at the connection.

If your's is anything like mine, the front side marker lights can easily be accessed from inside the propane tank bay area on each side of the camper. Open the propane tank door and peal back the covering on the wires going to the camera/light. See if one came looses.

This would be my starting place before settling on purchasing a new unit.

FYI, on my camper, I installed the side camera / lights about 2 years after we purchased the trailer. I had problems simply removing the old amber running light, especially when the pass through door blocked the view. First, the holes did not match, second the view was obstructed by the pass through basement doors.

I solved the issue by leaving the original lights in place, simply spliced into the existing wires going to the original light and installed the camera/light higher up, directly above the existing so the view completely cleared the basement door. It worked. All the wiring was done inside the propane tank compartments.

3 wires, I bet one of yours came loose.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:24 AM   #3
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Some dealers will tell you anything to sell you something. There'd almost always a way to work around issues.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #4
dhuhn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17176
Send a message via MSN to dhuhn
I think the RV dealer is wrong. I would check wiring as stated above. if thats not the case i would call Furrion. I'm assuming these are your camera.
Doesn't make sense you have to replace whole light assembly.

Dan & Sandy Huhn
2016 Montana 3720 2015 Chevy 3500 SWD Duro Max
Prev 2012 High Country 313RE 2012 Chevy 2500 DMax
dhuhn is offline   Reply With Quote