Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
troutbum53
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14437
Dometic Comfort Air Thermostat (black)

We have a 2014 3155RL and we need some help on figuring out my Dometic Comfort Air thermostat ....we had to replace the bedroom a/c this winter (work done at the dealer) and had not tried it out till we went camping this past week (my bad)....anyways, it is showing an E1 error on the screen...but both ac's will run and cycle....but I cannot adjust the temp and it only shows that it recognizes the new a/c (zone 1) but not the one in the living room (zone 2) that was not messed with when they did the repair...I tried doing the reset that the book said and even unplugged from power (even unhooked the battery) for 20 minutes or so....powered up the thermostat and did the reset again no luck. I am thinking my thermostat may have gone bad or have a loose connection with my main a/c...any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

troutbum53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Think that is the error code for loss of communication between thermostat and control electronics. If you remove the filter panel on the ceiling, you should be able to see the electronics module metal box. Make sure they didn't leave a cable unplugged. Inside the metal cover of this box will be a set of dip switches that are used to setup the system to tell it what zone, etc is configured and it should be labelled so you know what switch is what. My living room is zone one, bedroom is zone two and switches reflect bedroom air as zone two. In your case, they may have forgot to flip the dip switch.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
troutbum53
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14437
Ok...I will try that...I had another guy to tell me to check the dip switches too...I was not sure where they were......thanks for the info
troutbum53 is offline   Reply With Quote