Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Campsite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2022, 04:29 PM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Suggestion for a seasonal / snowbird / areas NE SW SE or NW longtime not forever

I am in a predicament. My wife's health does not allow her to travel. I've been to national and regional rallies. I"m not new to the group.
She wants a place in Florida.
I want to still travel. I did not buy this camper to sit in the driveway and take a jaunt to a local campground. I just put 5 new rims and Salune tires on a year ago with 3 miles on them. Yes, 3 Miles.

She has daily vertigo and neuropathy which is why she wants Florida and be would be better for her. It might be. But I sweat uncontrollably in the recent heat wave. So Much so I can not stand the BO.

I still want to see things before I die. I want to visit the grand canyon, and Yellowstone. Love to see MT Rushmore. I want to see the USA.
She Can Not travel anymore. She has never towed or driven the camper. I drive her everywhere in a car, she has difficulties with the truck.

If she wants FL living. MY thought was to take a month solo with the camper. Find a place in FL to park/live in the 5er and explore areas to live. I will have a place to reside and not be rushed into a off the cuff weekend or a week or real estate agent's badgering. Am I wrong? I want to see and explore an area before I make a lifelong decision.

I came from a radar background I know and could work anywhere with my skill set. But I don't want to just sit back and not enjoy the USA. I could want to explore South East Asia or Europe which brings me back to my days in the service.
I"m thinking NE FL space cost / JAX or North Daytona.

IF I have to give up the camper.!

I want a decent size boat. 40ft or trawler converted to live aboard. But that is me. She can not do this. My dreams are shot.. something good for fishing. But with her vertigo. It might be a solo, Me / myself / and I blue water adventure.
I have big dreams. I want a dock / boat lift and blue water access. Granted a 40ft boat will require a $30K upgraded boat lift.

I'm at an impass for my mid life crisis. Travel because I can or don't.
Only I can make the ultimate decision but I"m looking for adventure and opinions. Her son lives near buy so this is not abandonment. But a very difficult decision. email me or reply. radarveteran@comcast.net.

FYI: Ocean and Golf carts are her dream