Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
msgeologist

M.O.C. #21146
Water/Moisture inside of plastic under electric slides

I have a 2018 3791RD model. The model has 5 slides, 2 hydraulic and 3 new style electric slides (not cable driven, but track driven). I include this info because I have a curious problem occurring I am not able to figure out. ONLY and ALL of the 3 electric style slides are experiencing leaks. I have no water coming inside of my RV. The plastic underneath the slides was sagging down and is sagging on many of these trailers I see, even new ones. Later on after owning the rv I was investigating the plastic to see how I could fix the sagging, only to find water/moisture inside. I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the sagging plastic and water trickled out of each slide. I have investigated every seam and even done some additional caulking, but when heavy rains occur, I still get water into the area. I do have slide toppers. It seems odd to me that it is occurring on all 3 slides that are designed with the electric system and not the hydraulic, so I thought it may be the tracking on the side of the slides. Caulked this area- still no luck. Additionally, I use my rv for work travel, and taking it in for warranty work is not really a option, so I am trying to mitigate the issue myself. Thoughts?
msgeologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bottom, leak, moisture, plastic, slide