Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2020, 06:36 PM   #21
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
Quote:
Originally Posted by crushton View Post
I have water seeping out of the belly of my 2017 Montana 3721RL. It is about 3-4 feet towards the front of the rv from the convenience center. There are no leaks in the storage area where the water pipes are visable, yet water is coming out from under the corregated underbelly covering. Any thoughts? Does anyone have a drawing or pictures of how the tanks are laid out and physically piped on the underbelly? Schematics only show the flow diagrams - I want to know the physical layout, so I can tell what is under the area where the water is dripping down from...
You can't schematic your way to figuring this one out. You have to have a visual on the components to know what to do next.

Old 04-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #22
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
crushton - There is a grey and black tank side by side under the pass thru compartment & convenience center. They run longitudinally to the RV. Usually the black is on the drivers side and the grey on the passenger side. But to be sure, look in the pass thru and see where the toilet line comes down.

You are going to have to drop the coroplast to see where the actual leak is located. Most likely a cracked tank or a poped lid (I think the 2017 still hd the 2 piece tanks).

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #23
crushton

M.O.C. #19312
What I want to know is the layout of the underbelly of my coach 3721RL Montana Legacy. Where are the tanks physically located, lines, check valves, etc. Not a schematic of the convenience center - that only tells how the water lines flow. I need physical locations, like where is the tanks located (under bed, where under storage unit, etc. A picture of the underbelly would be outstanding. For the money you spend on these rigs, why don't they give you a full layout of the whole rig (underbelly, frame, etc.) and not just the floor plan - that's not helpful. I know what the floor plan is, I own it. I need to know where things are that are not visible. This is now my home, and I want to know how it was put together...
crushton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:07 AM   #24
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
plumbing layout

This will be a very general description, but it should help you get started to figure it out. These sketches are based on what I have seen in several youtube videos by searching for "Keystone Montana factory tour". Nearly all of those have a segment where they show the frame and how the tanks fit into the frame. I found the pic of the basement storage from a dealer site who had one of your units for sale. I would encourage you to watch a few of those videos and this will make more sense. My sketch is intended to give you a general understanding and is probably the only schematic you will find on the web (unfortunately) because Keystone does not release blueprints or plans to the public for any of their units..."contact your dealer for that information".

You will note that the front gray and black tanks are somewhere below your front storage compartment and are lower (in elevation) than the kitchen gray tank. In one of the videos, the Keystone guy says "to help drain your tanks, raise the front of the unit". On my unit, the kitchen tank drains great because it is higher and gravity (elevated head pressure) helps a bunch! My front tanks just sort of take their sweet time and I have to work the tank rinse and be more patient to get a good flush - because they are low in the frame.

P.S. - read my notes on the pic...looks like I got my colors backwards with the green and the red...sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flr plan 2020-04-17_10-26-21.png
Views:	900
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	6037   Click image for larger version

Name:	frame 2020-04-17_10-44-00.png
Views:	160
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	6038   Click image for larger version

Name:	pipes2020-04-17_10-20-38.png
Views:	127
Size:	620.3 KB
ID:	6039  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:23 PM   #25
Kaboy08

M.O.C. #31208
Rohmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
This is the layout, looking at the back of the convenience center wall. The access to the rear of that wall is simply just removing the screws from the trim strip on the front of the wall, and then the screws actually holding the plastic partition to the floor and a couple on the vertical edges. I have not had a need to winterize, but created this line drawing a couple years ago when a plumbing issue came up, and I had the time to draw it out.
I’ve got a question for you. I’ve got the same set up and my water heater bypass is leaking and was going to replace. Except I wonder can’t it be bypassed completely? I’m not understanding the what it’s plumbed specifically with the hot thing into the outside shower faucet. Could you shed some light on it. Or can anyone explain there original plumbing.
Kaboy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 04:26 PM   #26
Kaboy08

M.O.C. #31208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
I can see where it would be easy to pressure up the black tank if you didn't have the drain open when you were flushing it! And that water in the cabinet is just another good reason to do completely away with that anti Siphon valve! Now a pressure relief valve on the black tank that was under the trailer? That might be worthwhile.....
Exactly
Kaboy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 08:34 PM   #27
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Your main black and grey tanks have a 1.5" vent pipe that exits on your roof. Kinda hard to pressurize it with that size of vent. I guess if you had something near a fire hose ...

PS ... we're resurrecting a pretty old thread here (2018) with an addendum in April of 2020.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote