Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2023, 03:59 PM   #1
JEFF KELSEY

M.O.C. #32618
Wardrobe removal

I need to remove the wardrobe, does anyone have advice on how it is attached in the slideout. 2015 375flf thanks, jeff

JEFF KELSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:03 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
This is a screen shot from a sales video. I am not familiar with how these are constructed, but first thing obviously would be to remove the drawers and doors. I see a TV mount so there will be some structure behind that to support the TV bracket. Be careful until you figure out how that part is fastened at the top and bottom. You don’t want to damage the slide box.
I would assume the cabinet is pin nailed and glued. I assume you are not trying to save any of the pieces for re-install. I would start tapping on parts of the face frame to remove the face frame parts and the dividers in the center…working carefully NOT with reckless abandon. No idea how the pieces attach to the walls and ceilings and you don’t want to damage those. Proceed slowly and carefully with your pry-bar/nail puller and hammer. You might find some wood screws attaching the side and bottom pieces to the slide.

I am just thinking out loud and speculating here. I really don’t know the real way to remove the cabinet. I answered this post as I was walking about the grounds of the asylum before supper. They are calling me to come take my medication now. Bye.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1514.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	14399   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1515.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	14400  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:15 PM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
One thing is certain, if you are removing the cabinet to save it, resale it, or use it again, you are fighting a loosing battle. They are stapled and screwed together and the flimsy frames, once things start getting taken apart, become very fragile and you'll end up tearing them out anyway. There are a bazillion staples holding everything together. There is no way you'll ever be able to put it back together.

Follow Mikendebbie's advise above, taking it apart one piece at a time. It will never, ever, ever come out as a whole unit.

Just curious though???? why do you want to remove it and what are you planning on doing with it once it's removed. I've removed some things from my Montana and I've kept every tiny scrap of material that came out. Even the stuff that splintered and broke. I've found the removed items come in real handy for color matching new built stuff, and for minor repairs on something else that needs attention or something else the broke. So, I never throw anything away after removing stuff.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 06:13 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Having had an entire side wall of the RV (fixed and two slides) removed and replaced, I can tell you the factory knows how to remove the cabinets and re-install them.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:19 AM   #5
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
This is a factory question are a affinity rv group question.
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote