Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2023, 11:37 PM   #1
Gubs
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27658
Water pressure gauge

Recommendations regarding type and brand of the best water pressure gauge for a camper? My old $10.00 one that came with the unit quite working and it would not allow me to adjust water pressure anyhow, so looking for one of the best to purchase new. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!!!

Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
2019 F-350 Diesel 4X4, Short Bed, BW 18K slider,
closely followed by a 2020 Montana 3121RL
Gubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:04 AM   #2
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Watts and Winters are both very good brands, but I'm sure there are many others. I would advise buying one that's glycerin filled; the glycerin adds some shock resistance and help preserve the gauge on a pulsating application. This should be a more durable gauge and better withstand the bouncing around it gets while traveling. Get one with a 0 to 100 PSI scale, the tighter the scale the more resolution you get. I believe 1/4" NPT threads are pretty standard, you will need a bottom mount type. Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/MEASUREMAN-Gl...42&sr=8-3&th=1
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 09:09 AM   #3
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If you mean adjustable water pressure regulator,
We got this one.

RVGUARD RV Water Pressure Regulator Valve, Brass Lead-Free Adjustable Water Pressure Reducer with Gauge and Inlet Screen Filter for RV Camper Travel Trailer https://a.co/d/g4jXJmK

The gauge finally quit after 5 years. Bought a replacement gauge at ACE Hardware store. Still working fine.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 02:18 PM   #4
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
If you mean adjustable water pressure regulator,
We got this one.

RVGUARD RV Water Pressure Regulator Valve, Brass Lead-Free Adjustable Water Pressure Reducer with Gauge and Inlet Screen Filter for RV Camper Travel Trailer https://a.co/d/g4jXJmK

The gauge finally quit after 5 years. Bought a replacement gauge at ACE Hardware store. Still working fine.
That is exactly what i have - my second one. I set it for 55 psi but only about 1 out of 15-20 parks ever get that high.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 05:45 PM   #5
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We have 110 psi water pressure at our property in Nevada and our Watts pressure regulator does well, and have it adjusted to 55 psi. The regulator is the Watts LFN45B-M1. Photos of incoming pressure and regulated pressure and the regulator. I had to replace the 0-100 gauge on the incoming position to the higher 0-160 psi gauge because the 0-100 gauge was pegged.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	incoming pressure.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	15465   Click image for larger version

Name:	regulated pressure.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	15466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Watts regulator.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	15467  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:48 AM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
To get around the water pressure regulator problem, just fill your fresh water tank and use your on board water pump. You'll not have to be concerned about the pressure any more. If the pressure at the park is really high and you are concerned about filling the water tank and too much pressure in that line (which is not likely), just slow the water spigot down at the source so water doesn't fill so fast. In all my years of owning a camper, I've never had water pressure issues doing it this way.

Plus, if you ever spring a leak, or have a drip, or leave a faucet on, or if the toilet doesn't shut off completely right, or the water heater drips, you'll hear the water pump kick on and off and you know water is escaping somewhere. A few drops of water is easer to catch and clean up then a few hundred gallons flowing because you never heard the water running until it's running across the camper floor!

Easy peasy this way. Never an issue. Even when we are at a full hook up site, I still fill the water tank and use the on-board water pump and actually disconnect the garden hose once the tank is filled.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote