Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Solar, Charging Systems, Batteries and Electrical
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
AoG

M.O.C. #19489
Solar Generator

I am still in the planning process so I have been doing lots of research. We will be full-timing and I will be working from the road so power is going to be important to us. Plus, with 2 young children and our dog I am sure we will be using the AC sometimes. I cannot see us being without hookups for more than a week or so at a time but will still need power to run laptops, wifi equipment, probably the TV, charge our phones, etc.

My question is...does anyone have experience with these solar generators:
https://www.inergysolar.com/product/kodiak/

Here is a review and comparison of it I found:
http://poweredportablesolar.com/

I am wondering if I could use something like this since it has the 30a connection (even though we will have 50a in the Montana) with an additional battery bank and carry a portable gas generator in my truck for backup. Or, would I be better off going with the standard Onan generator?

I looked around MOC and did not see any threads addressing something like this. I am new here so if I missed something already on here please point me in the right direction. All opinions, thoughts, questions, experience, etc are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
AoG is offline   Reply With Quote