Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
tv lift or telavator

Hit the button to life tv. In storage since April. Nothing so I replaced the batteries. Still nothing not even a noise from the motor. Not listed on LCI site. No booklet came in the Blue Bag. No idea where to begin. I'd buy a new button 1st as no idea how if there is a way to test it. Everything else on the breaker works, radio and FP. Ideas?

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There is a switch to raise/lower the TV in the cabinet under it on my 2012. Perhaps you have a similar button?

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:36 PM   #3
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
There is a switch to raise/lower the TV in the cabinet under it on my 2012. Perhaps you have a similar button?
Thanks, I'll be searching!
Old 09-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Forgot about that. Tech mentioned at PDI. No love there either. Not a noise! So probably not the remote either!
Old 09-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well the system is 12V so you can test easily if power is there or not.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #6
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Quote:
Well the system is 12V so you can test easily if power is there or not.
Thanks I will give it a try hopefully tomorrow. Just set up after an all day drive and another like it tomorrow.

I'll pull the switch as that's the only part accessible. Everything else is buried deep in the cabinet. I still have no idea who the supplier is. They may have some type of manual Keystone figured would never be needed. Don't even want to think of replacement buried like it is!

Could be worse, something really needed.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
That shelf that sits directly on the top of the television, when closed, covers the hole, is easily removed. Just lift it straight up. It will slide right up. Then you can look behind the cabinet (you'll have to crawl on top and into the window) but you can then see everything going on inside that compartment around the television. Look for the switch and see if any wires unplugged from the back side of the switch or from the motor. You may want a flashlight to see in there better and LONG arms to reach anything laying on the floor.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #8
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I took the shelf off and all looked great in there. Nice and clean except for a piece of paper. Went to the hardware and bought a grabber and pulled the paper out. All connections looked good. Moved the sires around while pushing the remote, nothing. Told my wife I'm calling LCI in the morning and having them send another China motor. I would have my mobile tech at home play monkey and change it out as I'm too old to play that silly game.
Putting things away I hit the remote and the damn thing comes UP!! Something new or never noticed the right side of the tv is an inch higher than the left side. I'll look at that in a day or 2. Maybe it is haunted or just thought I needed something wrong for a change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
That shelf that sits directly on the top of the television, when closed, covers the hole, is easily removed. Just lift it straight up. It will slide right up. Then you can look behind the cabinet (you'll have to crawl on top and into the window) but you can then see everything going on inside that compartment around the television. Look for the switch and see if any wires unplugged from the back side of the switch or from the motor. You may want a flashlight to see in there better and LONG arms to reach anything laying on the floor.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #9
Chef
Established Member

M.O.C. #24970
We noticed our tv being in level as well. I assumed there was a problem with our tv lift. We removed the top, then unhooked the tv and removed it. We took a level and checked the lift brackets. All were level and had no sign of damage. Finally looked CLOSELY at the two tv brackets that fasten to the back of the tv. At first look they appeared identical to each other, but in a closer review we noticed the left and right brackets were slightly different. When I say slightly I mean SLIGHTLY. I took several small washers and some electrical tape and taped down washers on the top of the two (top one and bottom one) horizontal support bars that the tv brackets hook on to. These washers were placed on the bracket of the side that was lower when looking at the tv level. I could not find any info on the bracket itself to order a new set that were identical to each other.
While doing all of this we noticed our cables that ran to the tv from inside the tv lift hole were chewed up really bad, probably from getting caught in the lift mechanism. You may want to double check yours.
Chef

Brent & Jan
2020 Monty 3700LK aka College Tuition
2019 F-350 Lariat Platinum Dually 6.7 diesel
Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:00 PM   #10
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
I had my TV mechanism pinch the wire for the fireplace. I caught it before it damaged it other than pinching the insulation down. It's a good idea to look down that hole every once and awhile just to see that things aren't tangled.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:08 PM   #11
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Fully charged batteries are also required.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:24 PM   #12
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Out again today! Got the meter out again after calling Lippert support. Support said it had to be a wiring problem. No, it's the little receiver box from China all the way down on the floor in a back corner. No problem, they will ship tomorrow for only $234 today.