Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2022, 04:30 PM   #1
OldJimi
Established Member

M.O.C. #31788
Substandard Quality Linoleum?

When I first looked at this unit, there was a rug at the entry - that should have rang an alarm bell. When I showed up to pick it up, they said, by the way, we've put in a warranty repair of the linoleum, the rub was moved and there was a big ugly yellow spot right in the entry. In too big of a hurry, we agreed to take it.
Although the spot by the door was the worst, every traffic path is discolored, the gray flooring is turning yellow.
Warranty only "repaired" the yellow spots - used the quotes because the patch job is about as bad as the yellow spot, except that the patch job is gray strips among the yellowed linoleum.

When the dealer queried Greg at Keystone, they said Greg told them that my Montana had floated around the system for almost a year and I should expect discoloration from all the people walking in it so they weren't going to do anything more. They should have advised me earlier that they were going to treat it as a used RV.

None of the repair people who looked at it could find any cause for the rapid yellowing and advise that they thought it was the linoleum manufacture's ingredients.

Does anyone else out there have linoleum color issues?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YellowSpot.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	13493   Click image for larger version

Name:	GeneralDiscoloration.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	13494   Click image for larger version

Name:	PatchColor.jpg
Views:	38