Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2022, 06:23 AM   #1
OnlyRoom42
Established Member

M.O.C. #30039
IN·command showing 41 degrees

Me and this in-command system has been battling since we took delivery 6 months ago. Last night set heat at a certain degree. Woke up drenched in sweat went out to control panel and the temperature inside was at 41 degrees. Tried shutting down abs restart no affect. Used the phone which is another battle altogether anyhow, using phone the temperature showed the assumed correct temperature. Went to control panel and it was showing the same. Scratched my head and set temp and set to electric low fan. This morning all seems to be good.
What happened? There were severe high winds last night…would that cause this? One forum said to turn battery disconnect and disconnect shore but Where us disconnect switch? Give me switches not a HAL. As with many many RV items I will chalk it up to experience. BUT temps are to be low 30’s again this week. Where is spring?

OnlyRoom42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
RipNC
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #26926
When I had a problem with the temps being wrong it was only one zone and was a loose wire on the sensor. When I removed the sensor from the wall it was spliced to the wire that carries the signal to the RTU (which is where the InCommand reads it). The splice was 2 tiny crimp wire nuts, I remade the connection with new tiny crimp wire nuts and all was good. I now carry spare sensors too.

Also, the wire from the sensor may or may not be spliced inside the roof top unit where the control board is - a bad connection will produce temp errors. Perhaps the winds shook something around up there and it "cured" itself as the wind died down.
RipNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:28 AM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyRoom42 View Post
Me and this in-command system has been battling since we took delivery 6 months ago. Last night set heat at a certain degree. Woke up drenched in sweat went out to control panel and the temperature inside was at 41 degrees. Tried shutting down abs restart no affect. Used the phone which is another battle altogether anyhow, using phone the temperature showed the assumed correct temperature. Went to control panel and it was showing the same. Scratched my head and set temp and set to electric low fan. This morning all seems to be good.
What happened? There were severe high winds last night…would that cause this? One forum said to turn battery disconnect and disconnect shore but Where us disconnect switch? Give me switches not a HAL. As with many many RV items I will chalk it up to experience. BUT temps are to be low 30’s again this week. Where is spring?
Man am I glad I don't have in command. Are you sure it didn't get switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius? 41C is 105 F
Old 05-01-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:52 AM   #5
OnlyRoom42
Established Member

M.O.C. #30039
Happened again

Two days ago the iN·command screen was blank. It appeared to shut itself down. Held pier button until it can on. This morning again the screen read 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Turned off. Phone app not helping this time. Upon start up the temp is showing “-F”. No temp.
Give me real buttons and thermostat. Don’t need some POS system that fails almost every week.(other issues as well).
Going to try power off and battery disconnect to reset the damn thing.
OnlyRoom42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 06:43 AM   #6
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Most likely the gateway for that Zone AC is failing. It is what communicates across the CANBUS to the roof AC units, furnace and BCM for the In Commamd tablet display.

The relays inside that gateway are nit working correctly and that is why yo7 are having issues.

It’s a known issue
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote