Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #1
jaybird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6300
Replacing Couch

Has any replaced their couch. I have a 2014 Montana with the kitchen sink right by my exit door. Can't quite figure out how I'm supposed to get the couch out that small space. Also, where do we look to buy an RV couch. Thx in advance

jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We've taken the couch out of both of our Montanas and both had a center island. On one we just got three people on it, stood it up length wise and worked it to the door and maneuvered it out. The other one we took the back off and it was easy. You just need to carefully take measurements and then most of us bought regular home furniture and got real quality instead of cheap RV stuff. When we've gone with RV stuff we've got it from Braddandhall.com. They make a lot of their own stuff, Amish craftsmen, and do custom coverings if needed. Their stuff is beautiful and will last forever, but it's not cheap.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Bought a new sofa bed from Kane’s Furniture and put in our rig Tuesday. Not a problem, despite the island. Multiple choices with removable backs and arms. Another option is Glastop.com, they specialize in rv furniture, but good quality, our source for replacement of theater seats with recliners two years ago.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #4
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
ALL couches and love seats that are reclining have removable backs so getting old out and new in is very easy

The 2017 Class A we recently sold to buy our 5er we removed the RV couch immediately and purchased a new residential couch, in fact in our Class a the Dinette and captain chairs all had the same fabric we ordered our residential couch from Stanton Furniture (made in Oregon) they specialize in sofas. Any way we actually ordered the matching fabric from Fleetwood and had our new couch upholstered to match.

Stanton has just about every size sofa and recliner available so finding one that fits is easy. Additionally this have about 100 different fabrics you can choose from. There is likely a Stanton Dealer near you so you can see the fabrics and furniture quality.

There prices are also very reasonable.

http://www.stantonsofas.com/

Also note all reclining sofas and chairs have removable backs so easy to get in and out of RV.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:15 PM   #5
EVENINGORCHID1

M.O.C. #31223
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
Bought a new sofa bed from Kane’s Furniture and put in our rig Tuesday. Not a problem, despite the island. Multiple choices with removable backs and arms. Another option is Glastop.com, they specialize in rv furniture, but good quality, our source for replacement of theater seats with recliners two years ago.
Hi, saw this post from a year ago and wanted to ask a question. I just bought a 2016- 3710FL with center kitchen island. I am also changing out the furniture...and I also have a sleeper sofa from Kanes furniture. Do you mind sharing what sofa you have? I am so afraid mine won't fit through the door. I love it and don't want to get rid of it, but I'm returning to FT since my husband passed away and want to get as much of my new furniture as possible in my new-to-me rig. We were FT for 5 years in a 39' Class A but I'm really looking forward to all the space in this Montana!
EVENINGORCHID1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:48 PM   #6
jaybird
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6300
I had a couple of big strong guys get it outside the door pretty easy I have no idea what kind of was cuz it was a year ago but just took a little muscle it did fit
jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:36 AM   #7
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVENINGORCHID1 View Post
Hi, saw this post from a year ago and wanted to ask a question. I just bought a 2016- 3710FL with center kitchen island. I am also changing out the furniture...and I also have a sleeper sofa from Kanes furniture. Do you mind sharing what sofa you have? I am so afraid mine won't fit through the door. I love it and don't want to get rid of it, but I'm returning to FT since my husband passed away and want to get as much of my new furniture as possible in my new-to-me rig. We were FT for 5 years in a 39' Class A but I'm really looking forward to all the space in this Montana!
I do not remember the brand, it is a good quality leather that just clears both the kitchen and living room slides when they come in. Entrance door was tight, but because the arms were removable, fit. Hardest part was lifting over the island, the sofa was heavy, took three of my buddies to help.l
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 01:17 PM   #8
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
It should come a part to replace
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote