Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #101
Scot

M.O.C. #21695
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I think my favorite is the 50 amp plug in on the front of my HC and the transfer switch I made that is in the convenience center. Flip one leaver forward for the front plug in to use the generator while traveling and to the rear when in parked. I used 2 Square D 50 amp commercial 220 breakers on a 1/4 inch fiberglass board hooked together with a single leaver so only one can be on at once. It’s simple, safe and will never go bad.
Lynwood
I’ve thought of adding a plug towards the front of the camper also, there are so many times where the park connection is so far up front I have to pull the rig forward to be able to reach the connection on the rear of the camper. Any advice/pictures?

Thank you,

Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:55 PM   #102
Furbabies3
Established Member

M.O.C. #19821
I have a 2016 3720RL. I have add Spledide side by side washer & dryer, changed my tires to Sailun G load, added Wingard G2+ sat, swithched to Residential Samsung 18 cu. ft fridge with Xantrex Freedom TC 1000w invertor, added Valtere valve at outlet to catch all leaky valves, and switched from a 2013 Ram 2500 SRW to a 2018 3500 DRW, went from Reese 16K Titan hitch to a A25 Curt hitch. I have been pleased with all my changes so far. Many of these changes were inspired by last years Montana Rally in Goshen. The best change was the refridge, now I can have hard ice cream!
Furbabies3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:12 AM   #103
Overlord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11202
Another of my fake additions:

You should see the reactions that I get when somebody interrupts me as I am breaking camp to move on down the road, when I tell them to excuse me for a minute so that I don't forget to drain the hot tub, as it takes quite awhile to empty out the 350 gallons.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #104
jcurryii
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12636
Replaced kitchen stove with a 3 eye induction cooktop with shelves in former oven space, residential Samsung fridge, washer/dryer combo, G614's, LED lights throughout, PVC sewer hose holders, PROGRESSIVE INDUSTRIES EMS, rearview camera(on all the time when traveling),TST 507 tire monitor, Lazyboy recliners, larger TV in bedroom, Oxigenics shower head, Dometic 320 and LP level monitor.
jcurryii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 10:20 AM   #105
CraigB in FL
Established Member

M.O.C. #29201
Generator prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I think my favorite is the 50 amp plug in on the front of my HC and the transfer switch I made that is in the convenience center. Flip one leaver forward for the front plug in to use the generator while traveling and to the rear when in parked. I used 2 Square D 50 amp commercial 220 breakers on a 1/4 inch fiberglass board hooked together with a single leaver so only one can be on at once. It’s simple, safe and will never go bad.
Lynwood
Please share (or PM me) details! I just bought a 2015 3582RL without a generator or prep package & want to be able to make my connections at the front.
CraigB in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 09:07 PM   #106
Hit The Road
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27454
2021 3121RL Legacy model

Improvements / additions:
1. Torklift steps replacing the OEM MorRyde steps
2. Natures Head composting toilet
3. TPMS
4. Factory installed Onan generator
5. Upgraded to a 10" memory foam mattress