Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2022, 04:39 AM   #1
KeystoneOwner

M.O.C. #31021
Thumbs down Keystone Customer Service

I am not impressed with Keystone customer service.

Previous commitments were made and no follow up.

Since April 2022, seven emails and several phone calls since April 2022 to Alicia Howton in owner relations over unresolved warranty service issues, and no responses.

KeystoneOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:38 AM   #2
Marilynd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19388
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneOwner View Post

Since April 2022, seven emails and several phone calls since April 2022 to Alicia Howton in owner relations over unresolved warranty service issues, and no responses.
Hi. I private messaged you.
2020 GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually
Marilynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 08:34 AM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
My guess is Alicia Howton is not doing her job or possibly not there for one reason or another? I would try a different contact?
Customer Service 866-425-4369
You can also live chat on the website.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:25 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It would not be the first time that someone quit or got fired and no one is picking up their emails.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:06 AM   #5
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeystoneOwner View Post

Basically they will say contact your dealer. At least in my requests for help.
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 12:38 PM   #6
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I know a young lady who works with the manufacturers for warranty work. She said Grand Design and others were “awful”. I ask about Keystone Montana they are “wonderful”. Think what others are going through.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 03:11 PM   #7
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I know a young lady who works with the manufacturers for warranty work. She said Grand Design and others were “awful”. I ask about Keystone Montana they are “wonderful”. Think what others are going through.
Lynwood
Funny you say that, it’s exactly what my dealer told me (they sell sob’s that we all consider if we are looking at Montanas. I wanted to see a comparable size sob when we were shopping and the only one of them they had just sold and the dealer was doing their pre delivery punch list before the buyers came to do their pdi. They had half that trailer torn apart fixing stuff. It was mentioned that in general, they put many more man hours into finishing the build on that brand than Montanas.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:13 AM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Sounds like a decent dealer
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 01:34 PM   #9
Hat83

M.O.C. #23850
Keystone Montana Customer Service

Similar experience beginning with our selling dealer on our 2021 5th wheel last November. We attended the Tampa RV show in January 2022 and discussed this with Keystone representatives and was put into contact with Shelly Zartman to resolve warranty issues on our 2021 Montana Legacy FBP. Warranty expired in May 2022 without any help! We did get a couple of email's however email's do not fix issues with our coach. This is our 2nd Montana and most likely our last as we had similar warranty service issues with our 2019 Montana. We attributed that to COVID and we did find a dealer to help us on the 2019 prior to the warranty expiring . The dealer takes the $$$$$$$ then their phone no longer works if you need service. We bought from a different dealer in 2021..... Keystone doesn't seem to care.
Hat83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 02:28 PM   #10
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
As far as warranty service goes, it is the DEALER that is supposed to be doing your warranty work and getting warranty claims approved with Keystone. If the dealer puts you off, or your not getting the answers you expect, than I would contact Keystone customer service directly, but know that they will refer you back to your dealer. You can get some help from Keystone depending on the situation. The best advice I can offer is to DOCUMENT EVERYTHING from the beginning of your warranty claim in WRITING. Follow up every telephone conversation with an email to that person about your discussion, with your understanding of action agreed to, your expectations and time frame for a response. Make sure it is dated and time stamped, which most emails are. Do not let them slide! Follow up in a timely manner if you do not get a reply or action that was agree to. If your claim is near the end of your warranty period this documentation is especially important because you can prove your claim was within your warranty period. My neighbor did this on a big claim he submitted two days before his warranty expired. They tried to deny it but when he proved he submitted the claim before the the end of the warranty, they had to fix it. A good dealer makes all the difference in the world when needing warranty work or just service. Fortunately, I have one. Not that they don’t make mistakes, but if they do, they make it right. They are not cheap, but they are good and stand behind their work. If the dealer knows you are documenting everything, they tend to do a better job of staying on top of your claim. None of this “ he said, she said, they said” crap. You have proof of the process. Again, don’t let them slide and stay on top of it. Hope it works out for you.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:04 PM   #11
Clark Anklam
Established Member

M.O.C. #23192
Merrill 5th wheeler

When we bought our 3610RL and had numerous problems with it, Keystone referred us to a dealer 50 miles away vs 150 where we bought it! The dealer 50 miles away said they do absolutely no warranty work unless the rig unless it was purchased from them! Said it was near impossible getting paid by Keystone for work they performed! I ended up doing all the repairs myself, and will be hard pressed to purchase another Keystone product! Thank God I'm handy!
Clark Anklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:10 PM   #12
N1282X
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22428
I'm on my third Montana fifth wheel and I've got to say I've only taken it back one time and that was at the September national rally. Alicia Houghton personally agreed to have my slide floor rebuilt at the factory and I cannot say enough kind words to her and her team of how I was treated getting myself to the airport and back and storing my truck in their locked yard. I cannot speak for others but I know that a kind voice and special delivery flowers do wonders. Alicia is a kind person just like some of us, who responds to nice words best. I have always praised Montana for giving us a lifestyle that we enjoy, certainly they are not perfect but if you're going to live this lifestyle you better have a toolbox and some basic skills or you will forever be dismayed.
Old 06-15-2022, 03:23 PM   #13
Bill Newsom

M.O.C. #9968
I agree about the bad Keystone service. My RV service person trying to order a KeyTV box replacement was on hold for over an hour. Had to give up to maybe try another day. Ridiculous. The guy is trying to get some work done for me.
Bill Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 03:33 PM   #14
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Anklam View Post
When we bought our 3610RL and had numerous problems with it, Keystone referred us to a dealer 50 miles away vs 150 where we bought it! The dealer 50 miles away said they do absolutely no warranty work unless the rig unless it was purchased from them! Said it was near impossible getting paid by Keystone for work they performed! I ended up doing all the repairs myself, and will be hard pressed to purchase another Keystone product! Thank God I'm handy!
Yes, my dealer told me the same thing, that they are lucky to break even on cost of repairs for warranty work, and getting paid takes forever. He said they do it to take care of their customers, even though I didn’t buy my 5er from them. Great dealer.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:35 PM   #15
CWolff
Established Member

M.O.C. #26168
I have never worked with a company with better service. This is not the dealer but Keystone itself.. we attended the Rally in Goshen last year and had some tech look at some issues; sagging slide outs where we could see daylight. Ripped vinyl from broken screws on the slides ( 3), unbeknownst to us broken welds on the underside.. although this took several weeks in Goshen all were fixed; slides repaired, new slide carpeting, leaf welds corrected and that required the entire underside covering to be replaced. We had,weekly updates on progress and we are more than happy. This was all done with NO cost to us.
CWolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 05:36 PM   #16
bheckie123
Established Member

M.O.C. #18015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Anklam View Post

Hey Clark! I understand your situation as I've had problems getting warranty work done in the past too. But I can take my Chevy Truck to ANY Chevy dealer and get excellent warranty work done. Keystone just needs to "step up" and make sure their dealers get fairly compensated for handling warranty claims. And I know there are a lot of them because the "Montana quality" has definitely declined in the past several years. I've had more than my share of warranty issues on my 2017 Montana, but overall it's been a good RV for us.
2013 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax DRW
bheckie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:46 PM   #17
Doug Brown
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10001
People who buy in California remember 30 days in the shop you can file under the lemon law.
Doug Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customer service, owner relations, warranty