Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 01-16-2024, 06:06 AM   #41
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
A word about "new and improved" and charging more..... could be what these turkeys are have done with their "DEF" improvement.

Get this....

Have you noticed that "Dawn" dishwashing liquid just does not work as well as it use to from about 2 (maybe 3) years ago now? Well, it's true. It just doesn't have the grease cutting power any more.

I actually contacted the manufacturers of "Dawn" and complained about it NOT cutting grease like it use to and wondered if they down-graded the formula or something. Dawn (was) a magnificant grease cutter; not just cooking grease, but engine oil, black axle grease, and even tree sap. Not so any more.....

So, I got a response back from then (which I really did not expect at all), but their response angered me a lot. Here's what's happened.

Indeed, the original "Dawn" formula in the original bottle you see on the shelf today was changed some 2 years ago now, and even THEY admitted to me it's not as strong or robust as it was originally. You have to use more, a lot more, in order to get the stuff to work even remotely like it use to.

What they did then, was introduce "Dawn Platinum". Dawn Platinum IS the original formula (the formula did not change at all, but they call it "Plantinum" now) and they are charging more for it than the dawn in the "non Platinum" bottle.

I'm still angered over that! Now you know the "rest of the story."

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 07:07 AM   #42
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
When you see new and improved you need to ask yourself improved for who me or the manufacturer. Almost always it’s improved for the manufacturer and his bottom line.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:19 AM   #43
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I'm hearing from my Chevy/GMC Duramax forums to not use the platinum and to use just regular DEF.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 10:30 AM   #44
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Truckers put pump def in their engines and those engines cost $$$.
About the only time I put def in my truck is when I’m hauling Monty, driving around town my 7 1/2 gallons will last thousands of miles and I don’t go that long between hauling. Pump def has always worked well.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 08:19 AM   #45
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
say it again Sam

I`ll post this again

Def is made by a only few companies and is rebranded for use by many. I use the Rual King $8.50 a container from day one, they sell skid loads of the stuff to bring in the farmers for other items. If there was a problem with the quality of the stuff they wouldn`t be in the business of selling items to the public and farmers. The blue box is all marketing and a play on the "I only use the best in my truck" type of guy and uses a well-designed box to attract people. Def is made to a government standard, that formula can`t be changed, modified, or deviated from in any form or fashion or face massive fines. I`s all the same.
I know...... I was told by my ......
Barnium was right........To each his own.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote