Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-25-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
In Command

Am ordering 3120 in the spring and want the Legacy package for a few reasons, one is not the In Command. I look at it as a single point of failure for everything.
I would like to hear from users that have it, good or bad, and any changes made.

GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
Have it, like it, and the global connect feature is really nice...we can turn on the ACs and water heater from anywhere, and have the unit all ready cooled when we get there. The touchpad is now hardwired to the BCM, so there’s no connectivity issues there. Very nice interface, especially with the phone app that puts the controls wherever you are.
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:32 PM   #3
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
Ill stick with our analog 2011 version. LOL. No in command electronic stuff to go wrong.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
I was very pessimistic about it when I saw it at first. At this point I have had two rigs with the inCommand system. I find it to be very reliable and easy to use in many respects, one being that your smart phone mimics the inCommand keypad using the inCommand app. I would miss it if I switched to the wall panel switches. I can be in my recliner outside and close the awnings from my smartphone if a breeze comes up. Or, raise and lower the hydraulics to remove the RV from my truck. Your new Montana Legacy (if you order new rather than get one from the lot) will have AC setting adjustments on the app and more IMPORTANTLY it will have disc brakes - a huge safety factor. The new Montanas are the 20th Anniversary Edition and again the disc brakes alone are worth the upgrade to the Legacy. Additionally, it has side and rear cameras(3), LED lighting in the hallway and cabinets with motion sensors AND it comes with a built in surge protection. My sister has a new 3121RL Anniversary Edition and raves about the feature. Check it out.
cgeis48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 05:16 AM   #5
laprezgpoc
Established Member

M.O.C. #22763
Our in-command has been ok except for 2 issues.
1. Cannot keep the In-command and phone paired. When we close the app, the pairing disconnects.
2. Had an issue where the lock/unlock button was flashing between both states. So, could not unlock and bring in slide. Disconnected the power cord (truck/trailer), and that resolved the problem. Then reconnected the power cord and headed down the highway.
3. As an aside - I tried to bring in the hydraulic slide manually, but the pump is mounted vertically so the drill and bit will not fit. Any suggestions on how to operate the hydraulic pump manually?
laprezgpoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #6
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
I have called Jensen to resolve a questions about the system. Go to their website for a phone number.
Or online at http://asaelectronics.com/incommand-support
There are software update that may resolve your problem.
NOTE: As a safety feature certain InCommand features such as slide extension are disabled if you are plugged into your truck.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:00 AM   #7
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
In command updates

Just curious...where do they tell you...
1. I assume these updates are for the in-command module (not phone update) - right?
2. Once I download to my laptop - how do you get the file into the in-comand module?
3. Or are you supposed to download to iphone and into the in-command via bluetooth?
I did not see a "read.me" file with instructions.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #8
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
inCommand Update

Just call inCommand Customer Service.
I downloaded the update to a jump drive and followed instructions from the website. Their telephone reps are knowledgeable, very friendly and willing to help with anything.
Also, the dealer should be able to do it. Call them and check first.
I did not see a way to use Bluetooth to update the app.
If you need a code to drill down into the settings it's: 5391
Once - I had to open the system cover in the cargo area to reset by turning off a switch to do a reset. Then it worked.
Just call them. (877) 845-8750
Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
As far as the updates, you can download them to a thumb drive, insert the thumb drive into the display/touchpad (they call it the DC). Go to settings/software...and then select whichever applies, and update. Any app updates will come from your respective app/play store. For what it’s worth, you can operate the system with 7 total devices. 1 IOS product and up to 4 android devices may be functionally connected at the same time via Bluetooth. When you’re operating via WiFi/remotely, only 1 device period can operate at any given time. So, unfortunately for the IOS only crowd, only 1 device at a time will ever be able to be “connected” and operating.

When pairing, you need to follow the prompts on your phone and the DC, as the DC has some prompts during the process you need to follow. You also need to setup the Global Connect feature when you are at the DC and on wifi. You also need to sync your floor plan, otherwise, you will be using the generic software, and see features/options that may not be relevant to your specific unit.

They are working on an OTA feature to be able to push the updates to you over the air, if that’s not how you’re receiving your updates already.

I have had the system on mine since I got it in April, and we like it. The global connect feature is AWESOME, and allows you a limited menu of convenience items you can operate from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, like HVAC, lights, water heater, but doesn’t allow you to operate the things you typically want to be present to see, like awnings and slides.

Also, the “i” tab at the bottom of the app screen takes you to a page that has some tutorial tabs at the top.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #10
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
I got a notification that someone (Duster) replied, wanting to know where you put the thumb drive, but don’t see the post in this thread. It plugs into the lower right of the DC, on the bottom.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:03 PM   #11
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
I down loaded In command and like it but I don’t have a option for air cons or water heater.
kathdear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM   #12
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathdear View Post
I down loaded In command and like it but I don’t have a option for air cons or water heater.
What camper do you have? Did you sync your floor plan? Does neither show up on your touch screen in your camper?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #13
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
2019 Montana legacy and yes synced floor plan and no doesn’t show on touch screen in camper either
Old 10-01-2018, 02:20 PM   #14
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
Quote:
2019 Montana legacy and yes synced floor plan and no doesn’t show on touch screen in camper either
Power cycle your DC, when it comes back on, load the floor plan on the DC. Then connect to it via bluetooth and try syncing via the app.

You should have an HVAC icon, and a Water icon. When you choose water is where you should get the water heater menu, and HVAC should allow you to scroll through and make your selections in the HVAC zones. I sent you a PM as well.

There should also be a water heater icon at the bottom of the main page.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #15
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
Ok I will try this. I did power off dc and called up again but it now shows water heater no air
Old 10-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #16
cgeis48
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9174
The AC controls on the App became available on the new rigs produced in recent months. Call Keystone Customer Service with your VIN and they will advise if you have it or not.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #17
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
If you have InCommand, it controls the HVAC, otherwise you'd see regular rv thermostats. On the HVAC screen, you push the left icon, and it should change from off/fan/heat/cool/auto...that's how you select.
Old 10-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #18
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
Thanks I will.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #19
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
I called keystone yesterday and they told me by my vin # I should be able to get the HCAC on my iN·command so I called in command they said I didn’t have the right iN·command system. So I called keystone back and they said no Montana’s come with that system. I am having a hard time believing that. Do you have the Montana.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:34 AM   #20
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
Quote:
I called keystone yesterday and they told me by my vin # I should be able to get the HCAC on my iN·command so I called in command they said I didn’t have the right iN·command system. So I called keystone back and they said no Montana’s come with that system. I am having a hard time believing that. Do you have the Montana.
I do have a 2018 3731FL Legacy. My unit was 1 of only 2 2018s that got the InCommand w/ Global Connect system. Unfortunately, I won’t be at my camper until tomorrow, probably Friday actually. If you can, post a pic of your screen. It should have a little logo on the lower right with a “G” and a “C” intertwined. Also, do you have the correct app. There’s more than 1 that shows up in the app/play store. You want the one that’s for the 3rd generation InCommand system.