Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
TREKWOOD - Ordering Trim

Hello All,

Curious as to what other's experiences might have been as far as ordering trim products for your rig from Trekwood?

I have been trying to order 3 pieces of trim for our 2017 3661RL from Trekwood for the last 10 days. I first attempted to use the web site to order/quote and got no response. I then called, they acknowledged to online request and handed me off to a parts manager via email. This person has been very nice to work with but has since gone unresponsive.

Has anyone else had this type of response when dealing with Trekwood?

TY
Gordo

2017 3661RL
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
Roadtravelers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19116
I have tried and tried to get a hold of a person there NO one returns my calls.
Roadtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I have ordered things from Trekwood over the years with no problems. I ordered a new lighted switch a couple years ago, and shortly after ordering got a call from a lady there asking things about the switch. She wanted to make sure they sent the correct one. A day or two later got another call to tell me they had confirmed with Keystone that the switch I ordered was the right one, and less than a week later the order was delivered. Everyone complains about how expensive their shipping is, but knowing what it costs, especially for heavy items, I’ve not thought it to be that high. You don’t know what is happening at their end, maybe the contact person got sick and no one has got caught up yet. Just be nice on the phone when you finally get through and they likely will get you taken care of.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
PhilC
Established Member

M.O.C. #26212
I put and order in for some trim pieces to get rid of the horrible pivot door and change it to a slider. It did take a week to get a response to my online order the girl I spoke to was super nice and helpful. She had told me that keystone is reluctant to ship parts in a timely manor due to the shortage of parts to build new units. I ordered the week before thanksgiving and didn’t receive my items till February. Fortunately I wasn’t in a hurry for them as long as I had them by April before camping season started.
Hang in there they can be a little slow on getting back to you but they will eventually contact you.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:33 PM   #5
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
Trekwood

Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated. Gives me a gauge of what to expect.

I know Rohrman is frequently pointing folks their direction for different items so I figured his experience was a good one.

No doubt on being polite and treating them with kindness.

Appreciate it. Thank you very much

Gordo
2017 3661RL
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:18 AM   #6
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
When I rebuilt the stairs in my 2016, I didn't even call Keystone. I took some of the wood I used to Sherwin Williams and they made a stain that matched perfectly.

Mark
Old 05-01-2021, 08:57 PM   #7
LDMoore06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13418
Last week I ordered a skylight inner and outer for our 2013( destroyed from 4” hail storm). Parts came in this week and was so much cheaper than others.
LDMoore06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:39 AM   #8
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
I ordered slide seals from them. The seals were reasonably priced and came quickly. Their shipping cost was more then the seals. I asked about bath and bed room door hinges to replace the squealing OE. The hinges were $6.00 and the shipping quote was $36 for parts that could have been put in a padded envelope. I bought better looking and much stronger hinges at Home Depot for about a buck each

Jump ahead to last fall. Had a large (4'x5') broken window. They had one that looked like it would fit so sent the Hehr part number to them for confirmation twice. No response. Called them, no response, no answer. Additionally, their on-line catalog price without crating and shipping for that window was $1245. I bought an exact replacement from Duncan (LCI) for $825 which included a massive, 100 pound wood crate and truck shipping.

My advice - if you can buy elsewhere, you will be financially better off.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #9
Atoka-Dave
Established Member

M.O.C. #13477
Replace Pivot Door??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
I put and order in for some trim pieces to get rid of the horrible pivot door and change it to a slider. It did take a week to get a response to my online order the girl I spoke to was super nice and helpful. She had told me that keystone is reluctant to ship parts in a timely manor due to the shortage of parts to build new units. I ordered the week before thanksgiving and didn’t receive my items till February. Fortunately I wasn’t in a hurry for them as long as I had them by April before camping season started.
Hang in there they can be a little slow on getting back to you but they will eventually contact you.
Are you referring to the pivot door going into the Bathroom? I’d love to get rid of that dumb invention. Tell me how you did it!
Atoka-Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:50 PM   #10
laverdur
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11972
In a word - awesome. And if you are having a hard time identifying exactly what you need, a phone call makes it easy to resolve. They have had me send pictures of what I want so that they were sure of sending the right thing.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #11
PhilC
Established Member

M.O.C. #26212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atoka-Dave View Post
Are you referring to the pivot door going into the Bathroom? I’d love to get rid of that dumb invention. Tell me how you did it!
Yes I got rid of the pivot door. It was quite an ordeal had to shrink the bathroom vanity, corian top, about an inch.. shift medicine cabinet and mirror over. In my opinion well worth the trouble. I ordered a bunch of different trim pieces from Trekwood the only thing I got from Lowe’s was a sliding door track.
If you search for the post entitled That Dreaded Pivot Door you will see two pictures I posted.